Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Hi Im New Can You Help Me.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Default Hi Im New Can You Help Me.

Hi im new to the forum im considering buying a Mazda 5 but i have a few questions. Mainly what is the diffrence between the SPORT and the TOURING? Do they both have the navigation system in them? Anyone from Massachusettes that has one? From my understanding they are sooo new to mass they are hard to find. And what is about the price range you bought yours for? I went and test drove one last saturday and LOVED it. I have 2 little children so its a good enough size for them. Not HUGE like a van but yet not SMALL like a car just the perfect size. And drives very smoothly like a car too.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Default RE: Hi Im New Can You Help Me.

They are a very nice car...I believe the Sport would have a slightly stiffer ride than the touring.

You can check out www.mazdausa.com for option availability.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:50 AM

The suspension systems and mechanical underpinnings (on the U.S. models) are identical. The differences are almost entirely cosmetic, although I'd argue completely worth it as the Touring includes the fog lights, moonroof, and 6-disc in-dash head unit that cost way too much to buy separately and have installed on a Sport.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:14 PM

Basically, the sport is the base model and the Touring adds the sunroof, 6CD changer, storage unit that pops out from under the passenger side second row seat, has a spoiler, side rails and fog lamps. The Navigation system is optional for both models.
I too have been considering this car as we also have 2 kids. I agree, not too big like other minivans and yet bigger than a compact or sedan.
As I hardly ever use more than one cd in our current car, as well as our sunroof, I'm starting to think that for the extra 2K, the Touring may not be worth the extra $. But I certainly do see the need for them and the extra sporty look that the spoiler, side rails and fog lamps offer.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM

The information you have gotten from CJ2000 is correct. Leather wrapped steering wheel, 6 disc changes, fog lights are some of the major items. Nav system is optional on both. We have had one for 5 weeks and it is awesome. I have 3 kids and it gives them room for a friend.

We found in Charlotte, NC a demo car with 1500 miles with nav and they were very negotiable. CJ - The only thing that I disagree with you on is whether it is worth the money to buy Touring. We went Touring because if I recall correctly, when added the options on the sport, it exceeds the price on the touring.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:48 AM

I would also prefer the Touring edition. The voice activated NAV, its sunroof and the w/ 5 spd is just great. It already offers a sports car ride thus why go for the Sport. the Touring could use more power though and A/C needs to be upgraded.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 PM

Bought our Touring a few months back. The difference in price from a Sport to a touring that we looked at was about 1200 dollars. Well worth it to me. Love the sunroof, center row console, fog lamps etc. What are we talking $20 a month?