Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Finally, hood struts for my Mazda 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:28 AM
Default Finally, hood struts for my Mazda 5

Own the car since March this year and can't accept it doesn't come with hood struts. So I went online and bought these for USD20 shipped. Took only 10 minutes to install and wa-la!

Last edited by asian_xl; 10-01-2018 at 04:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Details, please !!

Old 11-03-2018, 08:44 AM

You can easily get one, even on ebay.

Mazda5 has poor sound insulation compare with my other cars, today I am putting new speakers anyway, so trying to get rid of the road noise with sound deadening mat.

First time doing this kind of stuff, not really that perfect.

I got these mat for cheap, so why not doing the hood as well? but engine noise comes out from both fenders and front grill, I feel that the noise bounce back to the interior, so I don't suggest anyone to do it unless you have nothing better to do.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:33 AM

Nice work on the sound reducing installation.
I completely removed my whole interior in my 2018 Mazda 3 and installed sound deadening materiel on the complete floor pans as well all the doors and panels. Then reinstalled the factory carpet back in on top of the sound deadening material and installed new super plush carpet on top of the factory carpet because it was still brand new.. I am now installing sound deadening material to many area's of the out side. Some of the most important are the fire wall and all the wheel wells. I will also be thermal wrapping my complete exhaust system back to the muffler. But that is more for the thermal effect for engine power stability and not so much for sound control.But it allows for the installation of sound deadening material above and close to the exhaust pipes.
Your seats are "kool". Diamond pattern, is that factory? They look like most of the rest of my interior.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Default Hood struts

Originally Posted by asian_xl
Own the car since March this year and can't accept it doesn't come with hood struts. So I went online and bought these for USD20 shipped. Took only 10 minutes to install and wa-la!

Must be considerably cheaper in H.K. In the U.S. the cheapest kit on eBay is almost $70USD
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15

Old 11-04-2018, 11:48 PM

I bought the kit from China, around $20usd shipped.

Couldn't fit the door panels back properly, I probably put too much pads on door, need to see what's going on.

Old 11-09-2023, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Nice work on the sound reducing installation.
I completely removed my whole interior in my 2018 Mazda 3 and installed sound deadening materiel on the complete floor pans as well all the doors and panels. Then reinstalled the factory carpet back in on top of the sound deadening material and installed new super plush carpet on top of the factory carpet because it was still brand new.. I am now installing sound deadening material to many area's of the out side. Some of the most important are the fire wall and all the wheel wells. I will also be thermal wrapping my complete exhaust system back to the muffler. But that is more for the thermal effect for engine power stability and not so much for sound control.But it allows for the installation of sound deadening material above and close to the exhaust pipes.
Your seats are "kool". Diamond pattern, is that factory? They look like most of the rest of my interior.
Hey I know this isn't the appropriate thread but this is the only post that comes up if you search 'sound deadening', but if I may ask what materials/locations did you find most effective? Thinking about undertaking this project but trying to do a little research on it first

Old 11-09-2023, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by dmares01
Hey I know this isn't the appropriate thread but this is the only post that comes up if you search 'sound deadening', but if I may ask what materials/locations did you find most effective? Thinking about undertaking this project but trying to do a little research on it first
It depends on what you want to do. here is my video. You can hear the difference it makes and couple area's that it was not possible to get any sound deadening material in. To totally appreciate what I did go knock on the same areas of any Mazda .
For the best performance and I used a db meter on several test area's FAT MAT did the best in reducing sound and also insulating. It also was extremely adhesive. and the price competitive for top quality products of this type..
I have since this video taken care of all the rattles and area's I originally could not get to. It was easy I hired a friends 12 year old with tiny hands and arms....LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 11-09-2023 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
It depends on what you want to do. here is my video. You can hear the difference it makes and couple area's that it was not possible to get any sound deadening material in. To totally appreciate what I did go knock on the same areas of any Mazda .
For the best performance and I used a db meter on several test area's FAT MAT did the best in reducing sound and also insulating. It also was extremely adhesive. and the price competitive for top quality products of this type..

Knock, knock, where are the rattles - YouTube
Thank you for the quick reply! I will definitely give that a look and figure out what spots are feasible to do