Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Window Switch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Default Window Switch Problems

Hey all, new mazda owner here. I've never owned a mazda, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! I purchased a 2008 mazda 3 from an insurance auction. It had been sideswiped which ruined both doors on the drivers side. I bought both replacement doors from a junkyard and they came off of a 2006. I installed the doors and had some issues with the drivers door window switch. From the drivers door switch, only the driver door and rear passenger door works. All doors work from their own switches. I've tried reprogramming the windows but it doesn't seem to work. I have noticed I can hold the drivers door switch for the front passenger window just like you are reprogramming it and it actually starts working but it doesn't last. I dont even have to shut the car off and its like it forgets it, it just stops working again. I cant get the drivers door switch to do anything on the rear drivers side door though. Any ideas what may be the issue? I'm at a loss here.

Thanks

Old 10-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Did you use the original wiring looms, switches & motors from your original doors?

Old 10-27-2018, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Did you use the original wiring looms, switches & motors from your original doors?
I did use the original motors and switches, but not the wiring loom. Could that cause an issue? I just assumed wire is wire, you know? But I know what they say about assuming... The bad thing is, I didnt have the thought to try the windows before I started tearing it all apart. I was too excited to get it repaired and start driving it! I immediately started pulling the doors off as soon as I got it home, so I don't even know if the windows worked correctly before the door swap