Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

seeking recommendation on good winter wipers

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Default seeking recommendation on good winter wipers

winter is upon us in upstate NY, and the temp has plunged to mid-teens, plus snow and freezing rain.
the passenger side wiper isn't adhere to the windshield well, leaving a large patch untouched. what do you recommend a good set of wipers for winter (or in general)? Thanks.
________
BEST VAPORIZERS LIST

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Default RE: seeking recommendation on good winter wipers

I got some rain-x wipers I like. The cheap ones, not the funky curved ones....

btw I live on LI and hell yeah with the wind the last couple days gustin in the 50's it feels alot colder!!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

warp is talking about the new style "beam blades." I have a set of the Trico NeoForms and I like them!! Not necessarily the Trico brand though. They do hug the windshield perfectly and don't seem to lift at all. They are also resistant to freezing to the windshield so they act like one of the old "snow" blades only better, and are one of the quietest blades I have ever used.
Bosch, Rain-X, Ancoand Trico are probably thebest knownbut not necessarily the only companies that offer these newer hi-tech blades.
Silicone blades are also a very good choice, so I understand. (You remember what the silicone grease I recommended did for you?) For me it was a toss-up since I was unable to find both in one package.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 AM

ORIGINAL: wineye

winter is upon us in upstate NY, and the temp has plunged to mid-teens, plus snow and freezing rain.
the passenger side wiper isn't adhere to the windshield well, leaving a large patch untouched. what do you recommend a good set of wipers for winter (or in general)? Thanks.
I've got the same problem.
passenger side only.
never seems to matter brand I change too
been trying different brands for 2 yrs now.
if you find something that works I'd love to know

Old 12-05-2007, 01:41 PM

You could move down here to Florida and u wont need those wipers. LOL. I have had good luck with bosch myself. here and when I live in Connecticut. Havent tried those new one piece wiper yet. may try them on my wifes saab first.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bruklinboy

I've got the same problem. passenger side only. never seems to matter brand I change too been trying different brands for 2 yrs now.
if you find something that works I'd love to know
Try the beam blades!! They will curve w/the shape of the windshield.

Hey EC!!! 'You back now? Feeling better??

Old 12-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Ya I'm Back. We got a new (Used) car saab 9-3, 2006. I have been busy tricking it out. So far - tints, Momo pedals, CAI, Misc interior parts to make it more comfortable, like a ipod mount, etc... saturday it goes in for ceramic brake pads to cut down on the dust. It only has 13,000 on it. Anyway now I can get back into the mazda stuff and let the wife drive it and get it dirty.. and drive me crazy when she wont wash it. LOL
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM

what do you guys think about the Bosch Icon, one piece wipers?
________
XNymphsX

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

In design at least, they are equivalent to the Trico NeoForms.
Give 'em a try!! Let us know what you think of them after 6 months.
In general, I've had good luck w/Bosch product, including their blades... till now (Mazda OEM's.)

Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

I have the bosch icons on both of my cars and I recommend them to everyone. I had a set of the trico innovisions but they didn't really work as well. The icons have a built in "spoiler" that helps push them against the glass when you're going at speed. We get a lot of ice where I live and they worked great last year.

Quick Reply: seeking recommendation on good winter wipers