Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Looking for custom endlink app.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Default Looking for custom endlink app.

Hello,

So i have tried to find the information i needed but i just cant seem to get it anywhere here. So i am looking to take performance end links from the front of the mazda 3 and apply them to my car. Sense my car does not really have any aftermarket this is my last step before i spend the time to custom research and build a set for myself. The measurement i need from the front sway bar end link is from the center of the top bolt to the cent of the bottom.
I have been told that this length is about 10.5" - 11", is this true? If this works out these are the end links i have been looking at. Any opinions or other options i missed?

(Racing Beats)
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...roducts_id=179

(ARW Adjustable)
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...roducts_id=692

I have read on other forums that the ARW's tend to break at the eyelet. Is there any truth to that or does that only happen to certain sets? Thanks everyone for all you help you can give.

~Chris

Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Chris, and welcome!
I will have to dig out my OE's to answer your length question. However I can say that having an '04 I did upgrade to the RB's in front a while back and have had no problem with them.
I have more noise coming from the rear bushings than problems w/the front links.

What car are we talking about? What are you trying to mod using Mz3 links?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:18 PM

Hey,

Thanks Virgin1 for your help. Actually I was trying to avoid say what car I drive to avoid complications. Though I guess it can't hurt. The car I am working on is a 2006 Suzuki AerioSX 2.3L. My problem with this car is not the non-existent aftermarket but the people who drive them. Most of them tend to lean toward the visual customization, where I tend to push for all around performance. I don't mind making parts for my car but sometimes I have found it is better to fit parts from other cars for better performance especially in suspension. This mindset and the research I do put me ahead of the curve when it comes to performance with a couple firsts and 1 offs. This gives me a car that is truly unique. Honestly if I just wanted to have a off the shelf car I would have just gotten a fox body, or worse a civic and just blended into the crowd. So this brings me to why I and asking for end link length. I recently placed end links from a Ford Contour SVT on my car do to the heavy duty thickness. But ever sense I placed them on the car I have had thumping from my suspension. I found out that even though it made my suspension tight the short length made my sway bar ride up and hit the frame. So following the ford trail I went to the focus site looking for adjustable links that led me here as they were looking for the same thing. Sense Strut set up looks close to the same (maybe your shocks might fit?) it thought I would probe a little before for investing another 100 in end link research and development. So thanks to anyone that can help, and sorry about the long tangent. Here is my cardomain if anyone is interested in what I have done or has any questions (sorry it hasn't been updated in a few months).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923

Old 02-06-2009, 08:22 PM

Have you considered cutting and welding the endlinks to get the proper length? Some simple sleeve tubing over the cut and a couple of welds and you'd have the custom application you're looking for.

I made my own swaybar for the rear suspension of a Bronco I'm building and used DOM tubing and threaded heim joints.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for custom endlink app.-112407-pass-swaybar-extended-small-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 PM

A lot of the Lightning owners have cut and welded the rears when they lower them also.
I will have my wheels off tomorrow and will measure mine.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 AM

I have thought about getting some custom welded but personally i don't have any welding skills. If i did though i most likely would have just welded up a ladder bar system on the undercarriage. Still not out of my mind though. Thanks again for checking guys.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 AM

Any local welding shop could do the weld work...just figure out how long it needs to be and what orientation the ends need to be at. I doubt it would cost you more than $50. Times are tough right now, most places are looking to pick up a little extra work.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Chris, for what it's worth, we don't CARE what you drive!!! HEY, one of our oldest (by sign up date, not age,) best and most intelligent members drives a Chevy Malibu (that he just wrecked too.)
You ARE WELCOME!!! We welcome ANYBODY who's into, or has a problem with their mode of transportation. You are into your car and that's what THIS Mazda forum is really all about. OK??

BTW: I hope Siber Express, 'Ken', is able to give you the length you are looking for, 'cause my end links are really, REALLY buried under a pile of sh*t!! If not, I WILL go through the trouble of digging them out and measuring them for you and your project.
Best of luck to you. It sounds like a really neat project, and a really individual choice of projects too.
I commend you for the choice.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM

Measurement will be tomorrow, I had to go to Virgina this morning to pick up a Toyota Tundra that wasn't there. Long Story but I will get it in the AM for you.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:04 PM

12.25 inches center to center. Proabably about the same as the SVT Focus.

Quick Reply: Looking for custom endlink app.