Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   New Mazda3i owner (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/new-mazda3i-owner-11699/)

djslift2 12-03-2007 11:02 PM

New Mazda3i owner

Hi,
I'm new to this sight and have just purchased a 2008 True Red Mazda 3i Sport. I purchased this as a second vehicle. This is my first 5-speed manual and my first new foreign car purchase. I just got the base model with A/C being the only option. I am beginning to think that I should have got the automatic, however, since I am having trouble adjusting to the 5-speed. I'm just looking for any thoughts, ideas, advice, ect. Thanks.

UrbanmanUSA 12-04-2007 12:04 AM

RE: New Mazda3i owner

Hmmm. Sounds like you did not think this through, which given how big a deal buying a new car is, is surprising.

If you have very, very few miles on it (like less than 100), I suppose the dealer might be able to do something for you. Though I imagine this would cost you something. Remember the dealer, if they do anything for you (like exchanging this one for another one with an auto), is going to have to knock money off the price to convince someone else to to accept this now slightly used new car.

Manuals can take time to adjust to, especially if its your first ever. Usually most people get the hang of it in a couple of weeks.

djslift2 12-04-2007 12:32 AM

I did look for awhile but I was trading a 2006 Hyundai in with over 110,000 miles, so some dealerships would not deal at all and I was limited to those offering me he most for my trade. I do like the car and have only had for less than a week. I bought the manual because of the price, so maybe I'm not used to it yet. I am just curious what other people's experiences with the manaul has been. This is my first Mazda and first 5 speed, so I'm new to the Mazda 3 world.

jamfan 12-04-2007 06:29 AM

The Mazda3 manual is pretty easy to pick up. I've recently bought an '08 Mazda 3, 5spd as well. Was about 10 yrs since i last drove a stick, and after driving the M3 for the past 2 months, i feel pretty confident in my ability to drive a stick. You'll Love the mpg. I ranged between 38 - 30 mpg, so far!!

Enjoy the car, i find it alot more fun, than an automatic!!

ShexyStephy 12-12-2007 04:30 PM

ah see i have a 2004 mazda 3s and it's auto and i wish i had gotten the manual... now i have ot buy another car so i can drive manual...
i think ur just having some buyers remorse and you'll learn to love the car manual or auto becuase it's a nice car. :D

icspots 12-12-2007 04:39 PM

Of all the MTX cars I've driven the 3 has the most forgiving clutch. It's super easy to learn on and like others said after a few weeks you'll probably be driving with it just fine. Plus once you're profficient then you can go out and drive anything, manual or automatic, without any problems.

wineye 12-12-2007 07:47 PM

I think we have just talked about this, see below.
https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_60811/tm.htm

I used to drive a stick, now I am having a 3i auto, my right hand itches.......

________
Live Sex

jaimie08mazda3 12-12-2007 09:18 PM

hell man it isnt hard to drive this car.. i never drove a stick in my life. then i bought this car.. now i cant drive any other car then a manual. trust me give it a little while and you will get to love it. i agree at first i was a bit sketchy at gettin a standard because i didnt know how to drive it... i sucked when i started. plain and simple. but you get it.. asl ong as you have somebody that knows how to drive a standard and will teach you. it took me 2 days to learn how to drive it. and now.. as i said earlier. I LOVE IT. and yo uwill too