Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   New Mazda - Already having issues (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/new-mazda-already-having-issues-18913/)

Bernardhny 06-04-2009 08:32 AM

New Mazda - Already having issues

I picked up my new Mazda 3 (2010) on Monday. Yesterday, I noticed that the lower part of the radio display which shows the status of the air-conditioning, temp, etc was not functional. Sad because this should have been discovered at Mazda during the car's testing and by my dealership during the prep work (they did have two full days to prep the car before I picked it up).

So I brought it to my local dealer where I got the car and showed the service center the problem. They told me it was not a fuse because the same fuse operates working items. They told me they would need the car for 3 or 4 days including this weekend, would not give me a loaner and they actually used the words, "You are not being inconvenienced by the problem".

I retorted quite rudely that I was being inconvenienced because this problem should have been discovered before I picked up the vehicle, and that losing the car for 3-4 days and a weekend just a few days after buying it was a problem. I asked for a loaner car at least and this was denied.

Now, I am not saying Mazda has a problem, because stuff like this happens, but the customer service after the sale is unacceptable. The right thing to do was to accept responsibility for the simple fact that they failed to prep the car correctly, give me a loaner and make it a priority to get the 3 day old car fixed. Now a complete **** storm is occurring which is being escalated all the way to Mazda central command....

When did customer service die? I am not mad that the part is broken, although I am disappointed, I am mad because they refuse to take ownership of the issue and solve the problem.

Argh - Someone please convince me that this car is worth the hassle I am already facing. I am already fearing a lemon.

Bernard :mad:

oldeng 06-04-2009 09:02 AM

It's a freakin' Mazda car not your dealer's, so it's Mazda's call, not the dealers.
Put his stupid name and location up on this forum, go to another dealer, contact the Mazda 800 number in your Manual, tell them what you did.
When you buy a new car with a warranty, you're entitled to be in the driver's seat in more ways than one.
I'm beginning to wonder if this "strategic alliance" isn't working out like an Indian wedding where the bride's contribution is a beautiful set of cooking pots, in return for which the groom gives the bride a dose of the clap!
Oh, before I finish; make sure the gas cap has a rectangular end and not a triangular one, otherwise you might be in for another surprise when you find to have to rip it off with slip joint pliers (not included in the tool kit).

and1bball87 06-04-2009 11:25 AM

sorry to hear that happened to your brand new car, and wow, i can't believe they treated you like that. You should report the dealership to corporate mazda immedietely because thats not right. That would've never happened at the dealer I go to. People at my dealership are able to bring their car in that morning when they call, and still get a loaner, example me lol. Either theyre complete ******* over there or they're having a bad day.

Bernardhny 06-04-2009 01:13 PM

Just an update. I talked to a salesman about the issue at the dealership, he promised that the sales manager would call me by 10am. It is now 2pm, no call. I was also promised a call from the Service department manager. No call.

I called corporate Mazda, they took it seriously and promised to resolve the issue. They interfaced with the service department at the dealership and promised me a rental car for free immediately. They told me that the service department would call me back immediately to schedule the service. That was at 10:30am. It is now 2:15 and the service department has not called. I will wait until 4pm today and call Corporate Mazda back and ask why they dropped the ball again and request the service be done at a different dealership.

copierman 06-04-2009 07:11 PM

dealer should have given a loaner. just poor customer service. remind your contact at corporate mazda it is MUCH more difficult to get a new customer than to keep one. It's all about the customer. without you , the car they sold to you sits on their car lot and on their inventory list. remember , "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" . too bad someone at the dealer didn't pick this one up. did you talk to your sales person about this issue? it is HIS comission that is on the line. I've been loaned the salesman's ride in liew of a loaner in past instances. keep the heat on them.

Tracker 06-04-2009 09:18 PM

Ive said it once and ill say it again fk the new 3's, its no surprise that your already having problems since they pretty much redid the electronics to be more of a hassle. To answer your question no your not being unreasonable but you are at fault for buying a 1st year new gen car (i say your at fault because the problems ALWAYS occur on new gen 1st year cars) which i will call the 2010 mazda 3 gen a complete waste of materials just in general, i seriously believe Mazda took 2 steps backwards and they are pretending that everything is gonna be alright they apparently have not heard the phrase "if it aint broke dont fix it", i honestly cant even begin to understand why you even bothered to give the 2010 3 the pleasure of being bought, im all for being different but if the car just riddled with complications and just plain stupid design its just not worth it. My advice is to just say f the dealer and f the car and just invest in a 06-09 if you wanna have a better chance of getting one with a warranty its less damage to your wallet because its gonna be back in the shop again for some more bs electrical issues plus the car doesnt look like a blind chimp on crack designed it.