Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2010 Mazdaspeed3/MPS Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default 2010 Mazdaspeed3/MPS Revealed

Press Release:

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation will debut two new models of the all-new Mazda3 (known as Mazda Axela in Japan) product range at the 2009 Geneva International Motor Show from March 3 through 15, 2009. The world premiere of the Mazda3 with i-stop, Mazda’s advanced fuel-saving start-stop system, will be shared with the all-new Mazda3 MPS, Mazda3’s high performance flagship model. The Mazda3 MPS (Mazdaspeed Axela) now features improved fuel economy and emissions that satisfy Euro Stage 5.

Mazda3 i-stop

The Mazda3 is one of Mazda’s core products, with more than two million units of the first generation produced. The design of the new model has a bolder and more dynamic stance; it is agile and confidence-inspiring, enhancing the sense of oneness between the driver and car. It also has high environmental and safety performance levels, exemplifying Mazda’s Sustainable Zoom-Zoom long-term vision to provide cars that are eco-friendly and safe while still being fun to drive.

The Mazda3 with i-stop embodies Sustainable Zoom-Zoom and adds a new eco-friendly option to the lineup. It features the i-stop system in combination with the MZR 2.0 DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) engine. Together, these two Mazda proprietary technologies help the new model achieve approximately 12 percent lower fuel consumption (urban cycle) than the current European Mazda3. By providing great driving performance as well as top-class fuel economy, the Mazda3 with i-stop is a different type of eco-car that will exceed customer expectations.

Mazda3 MPS

The Mazda3 MPS sport compact pushes Mazda design further and its exciting driving performance perfectly represents Mazda’s Zoom-Zoom spirit. Carrying forward the MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine, Mazda3 MPS builds on the popularity and recognition of the previous model. It evolves the driving experience to an entirely new level of quality and pleasure with its emotional design and exhilarating performance.

The all-new Mazda3 Program Manager, Yoshiyuki Maeda, says, “These two models add extra value to an all-new Mazda3 lineup that has already shown strong appeal. The new Mazda3 series takes a significant step ahead in both the realms of driving performance and environmental technology to lead the way toward a new generation of motoring.”

Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 AM

Love it!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:52 AM

COMPLETE FAIL, its a wanna be scooby which also fails, plus its a 4banger with dual exhausts sticking out of that bench they call a rear bumper. Front-end is a mix of Peugeot/rx-8ish/scooby. The mirrors stick out like dumbo the elephants ears, side design is a wannabe accord, and the taillights are a COMPLETE ripoff the newer lancers which also suck :s. and wtf is up with the msp sticking with a 2.3disi while the reg models (not i-stop) come with a 2.5, i think that since Found On Roadside Dead is losing there money and mazda being able to stand on it feet (which btw is where ford was making there money) they are trying to sabotage the mazda 3's appearance, because there is NO WAY a sane person would approve of this so called "re-design". I give 2thumbs down and a brick though fords lead designers FACE.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 AM

LOL, it's smiling.
I agree with a lot of what Tracker said... just without the anger.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 AM

I wonder if the Protege boys felt the same when the M3 came out?

Some aspects I like about the new car some I don't. That hood scoop looks like it was pasted on top of the hood, doesn't meld as well as the new Impreza scoops do. The smiling face makes it look like a pokemon with wheels. I kinds like the backside, the dual pipes are nice, but the tail lights aren't flush with the flanks which make it look bulky. I reserve more judgement however until I see it in the metal at an autoshow, sometimes that makes a huge difference.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM

Hey tracker.....FYI. The Mazda design studio is completely separate from Ford. While for the past few years Mazda has provided some profit to Ford as a company, compared with total annual revenue it's a drop in the bucket. One has very little to do with the other.

Also FYI......Mazda lost money last year (along with any other company that makes cars)

"Mazda Motor Corporation now expects to post a group net loss of JPY13bn (141 Million USD) instead of a previously projected JPY50bn profit for the financial year ending 31 March as the decline in global vehicle sales and the yen's appreciation have been faster than predicted earlier, it said on Wednesday."

That being said, I don't like the superscoop and the smiley face front fascia

Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Lev

I'm iffy about it. I like the way the new sedan looks. Mazda has a few photos on it's website. I don't understand why they can't make a speed3 sedan! This new 3 comes with a bunch of new luxury features. My favorite being the adaptive bi-xenon headlamps. I love my 05 as much as the day i saw it parked in my driveway on my way home from school. It's still very distinctive, and of course its still a head turner. I like the new 3 because its bold and different. That's what attracted me to my 3. It may have the features that are seen in other cars, but what car company doesnt. A new toyota camry looks quite similar to a Mazda 6 or 3. As for the Lancer lights, Mitsu took those directly from the Lexus IS, so Mazda is copying Lexus. I think the tailight's shape looks similar to the the old model, but they are slimmed out and bulge out. I need to see photos with better angles, and also see it in person to make an honest judgement. All i know is no other economy car looks like this, and as long as the car still drives the same, that's all that matters.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by sstlaure
Hey tracker.....FYI. The Mazda design studio is completely separate from Ford. While for the past few years Mazda has provided some profit to Ford as a company, compared with total annual revenue it's a drop in the bucket. One has very little to do with the other.

Also FYI......Mazda lost money last year (along with any other company that makes cars)

"Mazda Motor Corporation now expects to post a group net loss of JPY13bn (141 Million USD) instead of a previously projected JPY50bn profit for the financial year ending 31 March as the decline in global vehicle sales and the yen's appreciation have been faster than predicted earlier, it said on Wednesday."

That being said, I don't like the superscoop and the smiley face front fascia
I just like placing the blame on ford, no matter what happens :P. But yes i know that Mazda and Ford have different design studios, but the design leader from ford (the team i mean) still has say into what is approved and is able to make changes at there will since they own certain controlling parts of mazda, not saying that they by themselves totally destroyed the MS3 but come on look @ the current ford cars .

Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM

No one in Ford has any direction into the designs coming out of Mazda. Period. Your blame is mis-placed.

It's the stuff you don't see is the stuff that gets commonized.

I'm very proud of the vehicles coming out of Ford these days.

I've noticed you've had a pretty poor (negative) attitude lately....what gives?

Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Cause you cant tell whether or not im just joking or not, alot of the times i comment you think i have a hate towards everything lol....just Ford.

Anyway i was told by a current employee of a Ford stealership, about certain statements that i thought were the "facts", who i talk to because i need someone to laugh at on occasions, saying that i kinda feel stupid in believing ANYTHING he had to say. If you would here the stories he would tell, and see the car he had your head would explode.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mazdaspeed3/MPS Revealed