Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   My mazda 3 headlight adjustment mechanism does not work anymore. (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/my-mazda-3-headlight-adjustment-mechanism-does-not-work-anymore-32684/)

STUFFF 12-01-2013 09:57 AM

My mazda 3 headlight adjustment mechanism does not work anymore.

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone. I screwed my headlights. I wanted to adjust the headlight low beams. I've attached two pictures of the right unit to show you the two screws that I used to adjust the level of the light. Well after a bit rotating the thing happened - it stopped adjusting the level and my lights are very low right now. The screws are still rotating but the unit is not responding. What I need to do to fix this? I hope you understand me, because my English is very BAD.

eLeCtRoNiTrEcK 02-21-2019 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by STUFFF (Post 142469)
Hello everyone. I screwed my headlights. I wanted to adjust the headlight low beams. I've attached two pictures of the right unit to show you the two screws that I used to adjust the level of the light. Well after a bit rotating the thing happened - it stopped adjusting the level and my lights are very low right now. The screws are still rotating but the unit is not responding. What I need to do to fix this? I hope you understand me, because my English is very BAD.

Hi friend,

I've been working on a company designing Headlights and on LED Headlights, there are no manual adjustment on the cockpit because they have a stepper motor to control the height automatically. The only option to move the light beam is using the screws that you mention. Just try again because it's usually a simple mechanism and sometimes fail. You don't panic and try again up to you are able to move the beam.

You headlights has an automatic calibration during the vehicle start so start the engine and low beam before to make any adjustment. By default the light beam is on the lower part of the headlight to avoid glare any other people, once the car is on, the light beam goes to the nominal position. Nevertheless, the headlights should be perfectly aligned if it's a new brand car from production line.

I hope to help you.

shipo 02-21-2019 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by eLeCtRoNiTrEcK (Post 173111)
Hi friend,

I've been working on a company designing Headlights and on LED Headlights, there are no manual adjustment on the cockpit because they have a stepper motor to control the height automatically. The only option to move the light beam is using the screws that you mention. Just try again because it's usually a simple mechanism and sometimes fail. You don't panic and try again up to you are able to move the beam.

You headlights has an automatic calibration during the vehicle start so start the engine and low beam before to make any adjustment. By default the light beam is on the lower part of the headlight to avoid glare any other people, once the car is on, the light beam goes to the nominal position. Nevertheless, the headlights should be perfectly aligned if it's a new brand car from production line.

I hope to help you.

While they "should be perfectly aligned" right from the factory, the 3rd Gen Mazda3 has HID headlights which are aimed notoriously low.

STUFFF 02-26-2019 02:38 PM

Hello. Thank you for your reply. It has been a while since my post and I realized , as you described, that the only way to adjust my headlights is via the two bolts position at the back - responsible for the horizontal and vertical movement of the reflector. Also there is a guide how high the headlights need top be adjusted so I proceeded that way.From the inside the problem is one plastic part which very often gets broken and you are unable to fix it unless you open the headlight and replace it, but this is a bit complicated.
Thank you very much for your post :)