Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Old 05-09-2021, 09:39 PM

My 3000 mile oil and filter change has come due. So a couple days ago I changed the engine oil as will drained the transmission pan fluid took a sample of both and sent them off for analysis.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:49 PM

Although I did just get the latest and bad *** steering wheel from Cork Sport I am not ready to install it. But my steering wheel cover I installed over 2 years ago was looking a bit in need of replacing. So I had the wife do her stitching wonders and install the temporary none leather steering wheel cove.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:52 PM

Summer is basically just around the corner. We are told by our government (LOL ) that we are here in California short on full revivor for water. So that means that rains are not likely again until fall? So off with the wiper. I like the clean look of NO WIPERS.

I do have a small bottle of rain-X in case a sudden rain fall. LOL

Old 05-11-2021, 05:52 PM

I installed the Cork Sport rear transmission mount today. It actually took me the full 60 minutes. That because it took me 20 minutes to find all my tools I needed to do the job which 15 minutes was spent looking for my new box of gloves. LOL I wanted to do it today while I still had the plastic chassis cover off waiting for my tire rotation and wheel well detailing tomorrow. Maybe!
I don't really have anything to write the pictures are self explaining. I will tell you that the warning about NVH (noise vibration and Harshness) accurate and most notable when you use the AC. Driving on highway I really didn't notice it to much but around town, yup made me feel like I was cruising in my 67 Camaro with a RAT Motor. LOL

Old 05-12-2021, 05:32 PM

Today was tire rotation and wheel well cleaning. This task always takes about 5 hour+. By the time I get everything set up, then pull one one wheel at a time and remove EVERY pebble in the tread, clean it and scrub brush both sides of each tires and wheel. Then pressure wash each wheel well and suspension and brake assembly the morning start out at 8 the next thing I know it 1:30 in the afternoon.
Tomorrow will be the body Washing.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:05 PM

I washed the outside of the MAZDA but needed to clean the glass inside and out. I put down the back seat the first time in over a year. I forgot how kool my amps look!

Old 05-13-2021, 09:57 PM

Old 05-19-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
My 3000 mile oil and filter change has come due. So a couple days ago I changed the engine oil as will drained the transmission pan fluid took a sample of both and sent them off for analysis.

My results:
You cant argue empirical DATA
A transmission service that consists of changing the pan fluid and filter does help and looking at the analysis will clean the transmission of potential harmful material. By all indication estimated service intervals should start at 10-15k miles followed up by routine services every 1-20k miles?

You cant argue empirical DATA
The engine oil I am a fanatical about changing the oil at about 3,000 miles and will continue to do so. However analysis shows that that my early oil and filter service does rid harmful material. It also suggest that extending to 5,000 service could be done. This leads to possible consideration that oil change and service intervals after a few early miles in servicing them you could go longer possibly 15,000 miles. But I like my number and results on both the transmission and engine for me servicing at much earlier then recommended oil and filter serving.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:34 PM

We left for the weekend and drove 450 miles to Gold Beach Oregon for three days, and then returned. So no my Mazda 3 is not a garage Queen by any means.
I guess I will need to wash and detail it out again thein week.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:16 PM

After the long weekend drive up the coast totally almost 1000 miles, I need to wash and detail the MAZDA again. I just did it 2 weeks ago.

So I started with washing the engine down . This time I wanted to do something of a mod. So I painted a couple of small parts. The AC cap and the Transmission dip stick. I painted the dip stick so when yet another member askes where it is mine will be RED and easy to see in a picture. HA!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do