Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   Mazda3 S-4Door Standard Shift Knob?? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/mazda3-s-4door-standard-shift-knob-3364/)

WeezieMarion 05-19-2006 07:49 PM

Mazda3 S-4Door Standard Shift Knob??

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Velocity red Mazda3 S-4-door manual (NOT Touring). It came with a completely rapped leather manual shift knob (see picture). I don't really care for it and prefer the black leather knob with chrome on top where gears are mapped. Today I was at the dealer and noticed all other Mazda 3 on the lot had the shift knob that I like and not one had a knob like mine, including another Mazda3 S-4 door - same base model just less packages then my car had.

So I questioned the dealer and they could not explain the different shifter. Can anyone tell me what is the standard manual shift knob that comes on my base model?? I think it's possible that someone switched out my knob and I didn't get the one that was supposed to come with my care. All the Mazda information just says, "leather wrapped" shift knob.

Please, if you have a S-4 door (not touring), tell me what you got as a manual shift knob.

Thanks,

Weezie

[IMG]local://upfiles/4398/834B5EDF7E10412FAB73A38406266BC5.jpg[/IMG]

babyhuey 05-19-2006 10:23 PM

RE: Mazda3 S-4Door Standard Shift Knob??

Quickest way to determine if it was switched is to check which knob comes up on the parts computer using the VIN number. Your dealer might be able to do this or if you want to PM me with your 17 digit VIN will give a check and see which one comes up. VIN does not lie.:D. The chrome top one is $218 and plain is only $70.

MikeMzda3 05-20-2006 01:07 AM

I have the same model as you. (4 door S base model) It is a black leather-wrapped shift knob with a chrome piece on top.

WeezieMarion 05-20-2006 08:49 AM

Thanks Mike...just as I thought.

Also, BabyHuey looked up my vin# and confirmed that indeed I got the wrong shift knob. Seems like someone did a swicherooooo on me. Thank goodness for the internet and the ability to get information. It makes me wonder what happened to the OEM knob, never put on by mfg, stolen, or switched by the dealer??? Hmmmmm....Stolen seems more likely but the other two are possible too.

Oh well, I'll be getting the knob I want now!!! :)

MikeMzda3 05-20-2006 02:06 PM

lol congratulations, that other one looked like hell

later buddy

redvettx2 05-20-2006 02:53 PM

I have 4 door 3i and rubber with the chrome top and it looks better then what you have. Make the dealer get you the right one. Good luck.

WeezieMarion 05-26-2006 09:31 PM

Good Golly...got my new shifter knob! Thanks you guys. It looks a hell of a lot better. Husband complained that he did like it but too bad after all the hassle of getting the new one.