Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Need a 2010 Mazda3s hatch tail light...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Default Need a 2010 Mazda3s hatch tail light...

Title says it all. I backed into a tree and trashed my passenger side tail light . Sux.
Apart from the dealer, anyone know where I can get one? Online is good, or used in the Albany NY area. Thanks.
I found one at The Parts Bin, but I chatted with their online customer service guy and he said it would only fit the sedan. Thanks.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Can't help you out with the light itself but did want to give you another suggestion. Assuming you have the stock incandescent tail lights you could take this opportunity to change your lights over to the OEM LED tails. Assuming the 2nd gen stayed vaguely similar to the 1st gen the inner set with the reverse light is either identical or similar between the two versions of tail lights so you'd just have to replace the outer sections.

For example this is what the LED tails look like

And these are the standard tails

I mainly prefer the LED ones as they have amber turn signals...... I'm of the school of thought that your turn signals should be a different color from your tail/brake lights so as to stand out better. From those pictures it does look like the inner sections are the same, so as long as you didn't destroy both sections you'd be good to go with my nefarious plan.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not taking that route (although it's interesting).
A local shop is putting in a new light and pushing out the bumper crumples for $250 which isn't bad. I'll touch up the worst of the paint dings by hand-- they're not too bad.