Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

what would you change about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Default what would you change about your car?

not in terms of upgrades but things you would have done different if you designed the car. personally i would have tried to get rid of the very noticeable drive line lash in our 04 2.3M and would put the gas pedal and brake about 3/4 of an inch closer. other than that i like the car for the most part. not crazy about the evil looking dash but oh well

Old 02-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Default RE: what would you change about your car?

I own a 2007 3i touring edition, with a 2.0.

1. I was aware of it when I bought it, and I thought it would not bug me at all, but the fact that they keyfob does not have a trunk release button is an ongoing minor annoyance. I don't think any Mazda has a trunk release -a friendhas a very pricey CX7 with a turbo engine, and it does not have a key fob trunk release - which seems weird, since all other auto makers seem to have it.

2.Considering mine is called a "touring edition" for it to not have variable intermittent wipers seems wrong. Six speaker stereo, cruise control, alloy wheels, etc.... but no variable intermittent wipers? I know it comes with the so-called higher end models, but I don't think in 2007 variable intermittent wipers should be something that only comes if you go all the way to the top of the model line.

3. I wish the storage box located between the front seats was just a little bigger - like 2 inches longer. My zippered CD storage folder is a very tight squeeze.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:34 PM

I have an '07 MS3.

Exterior Design wise, the bumper portion just off the rear hatch needs to have a slight angle to it. Currently it is a flat surface and water/dirt builds up on the lip.

Wish there was a trunk release pull next to the gas cap release as well.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:54 PM

whats a keyfob??
cuz my mazda has a small handle to pull to release the trunk... its in front of the gas cap release...right to the left of my driver's seat

1) i probably would change the orange dash lights to blue.
blue just looks nicer.

2) i also would put a pocket behind the driver's seat as well, so that passengers can put things in there. cuz right now only the passenger's front seat has one.

3) the exhaust system. it makes it terrible for adding after market headers, cuz the first cat is right at the exhaust.

4) under the steering wheel, i wish there could be about an extra 2 inches under the coloum.
cuz when i have the steering wheel and seat were everything is comfortable, my knees often hit the coloum when i shift.
because your constantly moving your legs with standard tranny's
5) allow any paint colour on any trim package.
when i ordered my base model 3, every colour i wanted was only available on the higher trim models. then when i found this blueish green colour i liked, there was none in the province with the options i wanted.... so i had to settle with plain old silver.
like, i think the midnite blue, and arctic silver are only available on higher trim packs.
the same goes for interior....

other than that, i love the car.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 PM

key fob is your remote for locking and unlocking and panic button. Most cars with a trunk and a keyfob have that button as well. Mazdas don't. Maybe it was over looked in the beggining cause most of the cars use the same fob and it's the same as was on my 03 Protege5 lol. As for the Speed3 and the other hatchback mazdas it's like a door in the latching/release area.Though i can't confirm this i assume a door latch mecha is different set up than a regular trucks latch. So i don't think we'd have one anyway. Posibly leading to none haveing to save money and use the same mass produced key fob for 5 years lol. Who knows really but fact is it's not needed in the hatches due to the tendency to swing down up to a certain point.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:45 PM

I have a 06 3i

1. Id change the dash lights to blue also

2. Id also change the fact that you can only have certian colors on the higher models

3. The guage clusters are all in one piece and they are sectioned off in way that if i wanted to take my car past 8grand the needle might snap

4. I would place the P,R,N,D,M above the guage cluster and have it by itself

Old 02-25-2007, 11:00 PM

When i drive for a little while my right knee (gas pedal leg) hits the corner of the central consol. It gets really uncomfortable. I don't know what has to be done but the edge of the consol just gets the corner of my knee and it hurts after a while!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM

First: keyholes on the passenger door and the hatch for when my wife has the keyfob and I just have the spare key.

Second: the grab handle for closing the doors should be more forward so it's a closer reach when the door is all the way open.

Third: the stock 17" wheels should have been half an inch wider so I could go to wider tires without having to buy new wheels.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 PM

i would like there to be a handle to grab on the drivers side like there is on the passenger side ceiling.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:51 AM

for my mazda6. the 5 speed MTX's gearing ticks me off
would prefer:
--a longer 1st gear. its pretty much useless right now
--a MUCH taller 5th gear. (i rev 4000 rpm's going 82MPH) thats gets to me

Quick Reply: what would you change about your car?