Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   Mazda 3 lights for those of a mazda 6 - possible? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/mazda-3-lights-those-mazda-6-possible-10442/)

thor 09-13-2007 07:36 PM

Mazda 3 lights for those of a mazda 6 - possible?

Hi,
A few weeks ago in the mazda 6 section I asked a question about swapping head and tail lights of a mazda 6 with those of an earlier version. I was told that this was ok to do.
Now I have my eye on a mazda 3 but I still much prefer the lights of a mazda 6 so I would like to know is it possible to switch the lights of a mazda 3 for those of a mazda 6 ? The front lights seem very similar but the tail lights look quite different. If so, is this a job that can be done easily or would it be best to let a garage do it?

Tracker 09-13-2007 10:14 PM

RE: Mazda 3 lights for those of a mazda 6 - possible?

to be honest i think a 3 with mz6 headlights would look kinda neat, but as for getting it done you would have get a custom front bumper, hood, headlight rewiring....basically good concept but not worth it unless you have alot of money to throw around...and in that case...gimme some;)

sstlaure 09-13-2007 10:49 PM

That would be a ton of work to make it fit right. Anything can be done, but you'd have to do some serious metalwork (hood & fenders) and fiberglass (bumper) to make it fit correctly.

jaimie08mazda3 09-14-2007 08:54 AM

if i think about this your probably better off finding a mazda 3 aftermarket head/tail lights that look like the mazda 6 ones. alot cheaper and less of a hassle. plus you gotta thinka bout this isnt like an hour job this could takje like a week to do right. and have to get a rental car. lol but this is just my opinion if ya love them. DO IT thats my 2 cents anyway

thor 09-14-2007 04:12 PM

Ok guys, thanks for replying. Sounds like a bit too much work required[sm=smiley6.gif]

sstlaure 09-14-2007 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3
plus you gotta thinka bout this isnt like an hour job this could takje like a week to do right.
Fabricating new sheetmetal for the hood and fenders and creating your own fiberglass to fit the bumper is WAAAAAAYmore than a 1 week job. Something like that would bea good project if you've already custom fabricated other things.

I personally think the Mazda3 headlights are some of the coolest out there. I like the LED tails as a change from stock.

jaimie08mazda3 09-14-2007 08:24 PM

yea well i was only estimating. however if you want the job and just the job thats like whatever okay then yea it would take a week or something. but to get something professionally done could your right a month.