Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Loose covering below my front bumper (possibly engine splash shield)???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 11:40 PM
Default Loose covering below my front bumper (possibly engine splash shield)???

Hey - so I've got a 2021 Mazda3 Sedan that I've been driving for 3 months (2.5K miles). Everything's been great with the car until Friday night when I, like an idiot, apparently pulled the front of my car too far into a curb when I was parking. Didn't realize it until Saturday that this appears to have damaged some sort of covering below my car that is below my front bumper. See the attached pics - I think this might be the engine splash shield but not 100% sure. As you can see in the pic, the part is dangling towards the ground, but doesn't actually touch it (car still drives perfectly fine with the part not scraping the ground). I would like to get this fixed - does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to fix something like this (I wouldn't be able to fix it myself)? I'm wondering if the part can even be patched back up even if not completely fixed? Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks!