Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   leasing question (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/leasing-question-10513/)

element000101 09-18-2007 05:05 PM

leasing question

my mom is leasing a cx-7 and she wants me to tint her windows, can i do that for her, even though she is buying the car at the end, will the dealership car

virgin1 09-18-2007 05:24 PM

RE: leasing question

I assume that last word is "care."
If she is truly planning to buy the car, probably not. However, it could become an issue when negotiating the final price, even if they think it a good idea.
May I suggest that she speak to the leasing dealer about it, and get whatever they say IN WRITING, before you may the change.
Next, tell your mother toNEVERLEASE ANOTHER VEHICLE AGAIN!! It's a very bad move, financially, for most ppl.

Draconius 09-18-2007 06:02 PM

If you tint the windows just rip the tint off when you bring it back to the dealer. If it goes to the dealer a lot don't tint it.

And if you do talk do get it in writting and don't lease unless you can negotiate an AMAZING deal/finish price, or she has a business.

virgin1 09-18-2007 06:39 PM

Now Drac, youshould know that "just ripping off the tint" isn't THAT easy. And re-installation is a PITA too.

Draconius 09-18-2007 11:14 PM

My roommate owns a tint shop so I know that it could be rough unless you know what you are doing :P

UrbanmanUSA 09-19-2007 01:04 AM

Leasingcan bea very bad deal IF you do not negotiate (staggering how many people do not know you can negotiate the terms), and IF you do not think it through.And just as is the case with home mortgages, some people are stupid enough to NOT bother to read the lease contract before they sign it, and end up accepting stupid terms.

If you do your homework, andnegotiate appropriately, it can be a good deal, especially if you know you want the car for a finite period, and you will not go over the mileage limit.

--------------

On the subject of window tinting - question - how much tint are you talking about? If it's a low percentage number, you could probably do it andtheywould not even notice. I would be nervous about doing it with some home kit, because if you do it, and it is in any way amateur-looking, that will certainly be noticed. Given that we are almost in October, I imagine window tinting placesare looking at low sales volumes, so they may be offering deals.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/05/042105.asp

element000101 09-19-2007 07:03 AM

thanks guys, yeah ive been tiniting for 3 years so im good at it, but i think her payments are 120-145 a month not sure, because mazda had that deal or something i cant remember, the only issue shes having is she thinks the dealer will make her pay more, i dont know shes wack

virgin1 09-19-2007 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Draconius

My roommate owns a tint shop so I know that it could be rough unless you know what you are doing :P
I remember youtelling us about your roommate, and that's why Isaid what I said. ^ ^ ^
For a pro, with the experience and all the right tools (and perhaps a nice professional shop to do it in,)it's easy. For an amateur, like me, it's a PITA.

WarDogsOfNam 09-19-2007 03:57 PM

Visit www.carbuyingtips.com and on the left side there is information on leasing as well

Auto Leasing
New Car Leasing Tips
ALG Residual Values
Car Leasing Software Reviews

jaimie08mazda3 09-19-2007 04:34 PM

haha back when my parents had an accord and a TL and a corolla they got their cars tinted. and it never did anything to it resale value wise. in fact i believe it increased them. mind you im not sure about the warranty but i dont think we had issues (except the 5 trannys on the TL). as for the leasing payments. jeeeeeez thats alot just to lease a vehicle. see i financed my car put 14 Grand down on it *canadian remember :D* and in the end its 184 a month... however the insurance company looooooooves men... 435 per month *[:@][:@][:@]