Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   Installing A/C (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/installing-c-10583/)

Mig 09-22-2007 03:55 PM

Installing A/C

Anyone ever do it? Or anyone know what parts are needed?

Thanks

dentinger 09-22-2007 05:20 PM

RE: Installing A/C

your kidding right???

it would be such a huge amount of work, i think it would be easier to sell your car, and buy one that has AC.
cuz you'd have to install the compressor (which is the easy part), then install all the lines, and everything else....
ALOT of work

Mig 09-22-2007 05:49 PM

really? I mean I know the whole wiring of the button would most then likely be the hardest part...but that can`t be that bad, just take off the face plate and find somewhere to route it...

The compressor would just basically interwind into the current airflow system right?

Mig 09-22-2007 05:50 PM

oh, and no i`m not kidding. I got an amazing deal on this car, and only downfall is the A/C...i`ll live without it if I absolutely have to...but if I can figure something out i`ll deffinetly do it.

dentinger 09-22-2007 07:18 PM

not that it really matters, but wat kind of car is it??

like, i know you'll have to put in all the AC lines, the compressor, the switch. im sure all of this would run you probably $1,000 ish, depending on the car.

dentinger 09-22-2007 07:19 PM

wait, nvm, i just realized its posted in the Mazda3 section.

hixx 09-22-2007 07:23 PM

I used to install A/C units all the time,like 4 a day sometimes. We would sometimes have alot to install when the dealer got a big car shipment and 3 of us would gang up on them and it took us 20 to 30 minutes to install one. Not a big deal if you get a good kit.

virgin1 09-22-2007 07:53 PM

First of all, since 90+% of all 3's come std w/A/C the wiring may already be there, simplifying the installation.
Second, while I am glad to have A/C here in Texas, and the something is better than nothing rule applies, the factory A/C is nothing (NOTHING) to write home about.

Mig 09-22-2007 08:36 PM

Yes it is a Mazda 3 sport GT, i`m in Canada so its not like its Texas heat, but the summer it is nice to have. Hixx, where do you get such kits? And if all the wiring was there, then that be good....just need the switch and the compressor....

virgin1 09-22-2007 09:09 PM

... and hoses, evaporator, condenser, receiver/dryer, expansion valve, drive belt, perhaps a new control panel, heater core box(?,) etc.
I am not aware of an available AM kit for the 3. It may not be worth their while since so many already come equipped.
What about a wreck @ a junkyard near you?