Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   I finally removed the side door molding (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/i-finally-removed-side-door-molding-9448/)

eastcoaster 07-15-2007 06:43 PM

I finally removed the side door molding

We you guys may remember (2 months ago) I was having trouble deciding if I should remove the door moldings.
Well today I went out to wash my baby, it was about 95 degrees out. Looking at the moldings, thinking how hot it was and that they would prob. come right off.
I reached down and gave the drivers side molding a pull and the next thing I know, NO MORE DOOR MOLDINGS.

Why did It take me soooo long???????

Looks great.. Very Happy I did it.

God I love playing with this car.. it makes my weekend

[align=left] [/align]

dentinger 07-15-2007 09:29 PM

RE: I finally removed the side door molding

haha, nice..
my mazda3 didnt come with door mouldings, but i'd remove them if it had come with them....

oh the fun of 'free mods'....

baddaddyp 07-21-2007 07:03 PM

Send us a pic!

No scar?

Tracker 07-22-2007 01:17 AM

at first i was gonna take mine off cuz the ones ive seen w/o them look so clean and nice, but then i decided im gonna paint em black, as a matter or fact ALL of my accents are gonna be black ie. lipkit, sharkfin antenna, interior pillars, headliner etc.

virgin1 07-23-2007 03:52 PM

After all the arguments and personal experiences I offered you during your original thread about this, all I can say is...

[align=center]V[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]V[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]V[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]V[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]V[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]V[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]IT'S ABOUT F'ing TIME!!!! :D :D :D[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Monoxboogie 07-24-2007 02:05 AM

I pulled my side moldings off my j along time ago in the fallI used a hair dryer. So it can be done aslong as the m3 tape gets hot enough. I think i am going to pull the moldings on my girls car soon after i get her a body kit. I thinkif a car has a body kitit shouldn't have side moldings mainly causeit will take away from the kit. I think with no side moldings a car looks cleaner. way to go on that free mod!

eastcoaster 07-27-2007 02:39 PM

good one Virgin1
I just got around to reading this today, firday the 27th.
Ya; the best time for me to visit this site is at work. why surf at home when I can get paid to surf LOL

eastcoaster 07-27-2007 02:43 PM

oh ya. I havnt put the trailer hitch on yet. But its coming.
thanks for your input. I'm kind of leaning having it pro. install. So I'm waiting for some extra bucks. There is a place near my work that will do it for a little over $300 parts and labor.

the hitch looks easy enough, but I'm sick of doing wiring.

virgin1 07-27-2007 03:39 PM

My Draw-tite was install professionally and cost about the same.
I don;t blame you about the wiring thing. Modern cars are especailly hard w/wiring.

BUT, NOW you need to post some pics of the finished product. C'mon, EC, buck up, Bud! :D

eastcoaster 07-30-2007 08:18 AM

OK
I get the cam out this coming weekend. I'll be in Naples and there are some great places to get pics after I wash it up.