Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Did MAZDA put forward hybird type,how about the oil-consuming?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by siliton
I think hybird car will be the main stream in the future,with the decrease of the oil little by little.
Nah, diesel cars running off of bio-diesel is the wave of the future.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

I think hydrogen fuel cells are the way we should, and should have been going all along.

Battery/electric cars are too limited and will never be viable to the average consumer.

Hydrogen is the most prevalent element in our universe and the end result is nothing but water vapor. Unlimited mileage. Doesn't take days to recharge/refuel, and is safer than gasoline. Plus, no oil is needed or consumed in the process.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1

I think hydrogen fuel cells are the way we should, and should have been going all along.

Battery/electric cars are too limited and will never be viable to the average consumer.

Hydrogen is the most prevalent element in our universe and the end result is nothing but water vapor. Unlimited mileage. Doesn't take days to recharge/refuel, and is safer than gasoline. Plus, no oil is needed or consumed in the process.
Infrastructure?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yes infrastructure would be an immediate problem, but not an insurmountable one.
We didn't always have refueling stations on every block either.

In fact after my little stint working for Exxon Research and Development I think I can safely say that we could have been well on this path years ago if the powers-that-be in that company alone weren't so short sighted.

The chemists and engineers there were working on several projects just that I know of, and I was very low on the totem, that are now being considered as alternatives. I'm sure there were many other projects that got killed that I knew nothing about. Had they been allowed to continue their research then, we would already be well on our way to a very limited oil society.
But Exxon, like so many others, is an oil company and couldn't see past their own noses. The thinking was, as I was told by one Chemist, "How can we sell oil if we develop all these other technologies?"
Blind stupidity, IMHO.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 AM

My question is, "Why bother mucking around with hydrogen at all?"

The thing is, for a far smaller investment we can literally replace all of our transportation petroleum needs with micro-algae sourced diesel and ethanol and use the existing infrastructure with virtually no changes. Current "open pond" yields for this type of bio-diesel is about 5,000 gallons per acre per year, and yields of between 15,000 and 20,000 gallons per acre per year are being realized with some of the latest "closed circuit" systems.

No matter how I run the math, there is no better option for the environment, for the economy, and for the vehicle and fuel industry than micro-algae sourced fuels.