Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Custom Painted Vent Shades

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Default Custom Painted Vent Shades

Just wanting let ppl know that i have a set of vent shades for an 05 Mazda 3 that are customed painted to match the burnt orange stock color on these cars (no sure of the actual color but i can find out what it is if needed). these shades all have a flex agent primer on them, dupont chromabase base coat and 4 coats dupont clear coat on them. If interested please email me at dragginmazda89@yahoo.com or feel free to call my shop 540-886-8805. price is $250

Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Custom Painted Vent Shades

The color is lava orange. I'd always thought of vent shades as being clear so you could see through them, though painted is an interesting idea. I'd be interested in seeing some installed pics if you have any.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 AM

ok, maybe im just tired or whatever, but what are vent shades?

Old 06-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

They are usually made of Lexan or Pexiglas these days and attach to the side door frames above the windows, usually w/double sticktape and come out and down a bit over the window, like a visor wouldso you can crack them openin the rain, or foul weather.
They used to be metal, usually chrome but sometimes blackand stick out further. They attached in theupper window channel under the weather stripping.
$250 seems awfully steep.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:31 AM

250 may seem a lil steep but we have bout 200 in matierals for that color paint....and for the flex agent primer so you don't have to worry bout the paint cracking

Old 06-29-2007, 11:03 AM

oooooh.... rain guards. gotcha

Old 06-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure that's true ("$200 materials,")and if you were offering a service specific to someone's/everyone's ride it might be worth it to some ppl.
But thefact that these are already painted a fairly rarefactory color, not to mention the fact that youonly have 2 posts here... both on this thread that you started,indicates to me that a customerstuck you with them and are you are simply trying to cut your loses. I might do the same given that situation. But you are dealing w/a specific audience... the ppl that own Lava Orange 3's and if you really want them gone you can't expect to recoopsuch a high percentage of your cost. They are, in effect, "used."

BTW: Are you even aware that the sedan and hatch take different vent visors and they do not interchange? You do not mention which bodystyle they fit.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:11 AM

they are not used and have never been on a car were not try to recoup all but i'm not gunna say hey here give me 50 bucks and take em. they are for the hatch back style cars (sorry forgot to meantion that). all i was saying about it not being step is that it cost $70 for 8 ounces of the chromobase dupont lava orange, vent shades are $89 to $99 (depending on where purchased), basemaker prep for base coat $10, flex agent primer $12.95, clear $24.95, sand paper $10, and at least couple hours of time and sanding and paintin $120 or more. Thats $340 to $350 for i'd say startin the price for them at $250 ain't a bad deal.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:14 AM

and the fact that i have only 2 post here what does that matter..i don't own a mazda well not a mazda car neways. all i was doing is tryin to list the vent shades somewhere that ppl that owned these specific kinds of car could see them.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

oooooh.... rain guards. gotcha
It's gotta be what area you're from!! I've hearddifferent terms, around here i hear vent visors. Not shades, not guards, but.....visors!!

Don't mind me, I'm rambling to kill some time before the woman drags me out tonight! :P

Quick Reply: Custom Painted Vent Shades