Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   CD Changer malfunction (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/cd-changer-malfunction-4435/)

JamesB007 08-15-2006 04:33 PM

CD Changer malfunction

Just got a '04 Mazda 3 with the 6 disc CD changer but I've never been able to load a CD. Tried loading directly and I've pushed and held the load button but it never beeps. The display shows "CD IN" continuously. I've tried the eject button but got no results. Is there a reset button?

john wayne 08-15-2006 05:12 PM

RE: CD Changer malfunction

I did the same thing with my 04 3S GT.

You probably do not have the 6 disc changer. All the stereos have the same face on them and they all look like they have the 6 disc in dash changer but unfortunately they do not. I was kinda disappointed when I found out. Other than that you will love the car. I still can't stop driving mine and it's been over 4 months now:)

Of course I could be wrong and you may have the changer, and in that case someone with the changer will jump in and show you how to fix it. Good luck, John.

esloyer 08-15-2006 06:03 PM

Check to see if the button works by doing the following:

Turn on the audio. Press and hold POWER and then CLOCK for 1 second. Now each functioning button will beep when you press it. Press POWER to reset it.
If you hear a beep you know that the button is working and something must be wrong with the CD changer. If you dont hear a beep, either you don't have the CD changer or the button is not working.

I'm not sure that the button will beep if you don't have the CD changer, but you can check it out and let us know what happens

JamesB007 08-15-2006 08:57 PM

Tested the buttons...all went beep. The face has the "6CD Changer" graphic next to the LOAD button. The display still says CD IN but when I put the CD into the slot nothing happens. Is there a way to reset the load proceedure?

Thanks for the help.

KrazyKAZ 08-16-2006 10:27 AM

Question: Does the diplay show CD IN and then teh numbers 1-6 with blocks around them?

If it only says CD IN then you don't have the changer. If it does display the numbers then you ohave a loading problem which reseting won't fix. Unfortunately you'll have to take it back to the dealer.

Good luck!

esloyer 08-16-2006 10:41 AM

It is most likely a loading problem because even if you didn't have a CD changer the cd player should still accept at least one CD, unless of course there is a CD already in the CD player.

JamesB007 08-16-2006 10:50 AM

The display only shows CD IN. Seems awfully misleading to have the 6 DISC In-Dash graphic if it's not really installed. Isn't that called fraud. Anyway, it still won't load any CDs. Guess it's time for a service call to the dealer.

icspots 08-17-2006 01:03 PM

The display doesn't only display the 1-6 with boxes around them. It shows that when ejecting, and when loading CDs in the changer, or when you push the left hand knob on the stereo in.

It sounds like you have a jammed CD changer. This is a very common problem with in dash changers. Take it in to the dealer and have them check it. If you're still under warranty then they should give you a new stereo. If you're not under warranty then a new OEM 6CD will run you around $450.

JamesB007 08-17-2006 05:33 PM

Stoke of luck...I called my very helpful but clueless salesman who said just bring her in and we'll have the service department look at it right quick. So I went over on my lunch break and it turns out they had already ordered a replacement CD changer when the car was still on the lot. It was still under warranty and they had it replaced in 30 minutes. :D

icspots 08-17-2006 06:16 PM

Awesome! It was awful nice of them to mention to you that they had faulty parts to replace before you drove off with the car, wasn't it?