Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2012 Mazda cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:09 PM

I know this thread is dead, but I'm posting hoping that someone can help me.

I recently tried to have the cruise control switch activated in my 2012 Mazda 3i Sport, but the dealer was unable to find the "speed" icon. It seems that people who have tried this mod more recently have not been successful. Could this be caused by an update in the dealer's software for their computers? Does anyone know how to get around this problem/has anyone who had this problem found a solution?

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Thumbs up One more success story!

I installed the OEM part ($135.58 from QuirkParts via eBay) on my 2011 Mazda3 i Sport following the instruction in this forum--less than half an hour. I dropped by a few tuner shops who each said they didn't do Mazda3 reprogramming (just other models).

I headed to one of the local dealers in the Hampton Roads, VA (southeastern Virginia) area: Cavalier Mazda. Service advisor wrote it up while the tech happened to be sitting there. The tech said he'd never heard of it before, but said he'd try. I handed him the attached excerpt of posts from this forum indicating others' successes (note: this post is obviously NOT included on the PDF). I waited about half an hour until the service advisor came back with my keys and said the tech had tested that the cruise control works. Service invoice states "programmed PCM to activate cruise control 687 CP". I happily paid their $55 "diagnostic fee" (the minimum the dealer could charge (their shop rates are $120/hour), and drove home with the cruise control engaged, which worked flawlessly.

My only regret: not doing this 3 years ago when I bought the car!

Attached Files

Last edited by Wasabi; 11-21-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: more info
Old 04-27-2017, 01:30 AM
Default Cruise control question

Hi midget9999 or anyone else who can answer my question... just bought a 2012 mazda 3 hatchback with 5 speed m/t... just curious if steering wheel model BBM4664M works as well as the BBM5664M0C or if its just the BBM5664M0C. thanks so much in advance!

Old 07-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Default Finally...Cruise Control on My 2012 Mazda 3 i Sport

In 2015, based on the information in this thread, I purchased the OEM part BEH3-66-4M0C on eBay for $136 and installed it with no problem. I took the car to Overland Park Mazda in Kansas and convinced the service manager to attempt the instructions after much persuasion. After waiting nearly an hour and spending over $100, he said they couldn't get it to work and all they ended up doing was resetting the car's computer. Needless to say, I was disappointed with still not having cruise control, and now a little poorer.

Today, I decided to give it another try at another Mazda dealership in Lee's Summit, MO. I had a completely different experience. I showed the service manager the instructions from this thread, and he was more than happy to give it a try. The tech came up while I was still there, and he said it would be $95 for an hour of labor and he would do everything he could to get the cruise control working.

After a little while (I had an oil change and tire rotation too), the service manager said the tech was successful in activating the cruise control. He said it was so easy that they just charged me $60. Apparently, there are two different modules to choose from when plugging in the computer to the car...the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the Body Control Module (BCM). The speed icon is in the BCM. He said the tech had to scroll down a little ways to find the speed icon, but after that the instructions were spot on.

I'm glad I found a dealership that was willing to try and know what they are doing. Now I have cruise control!! Thanks Lee's Summit Mazda and all of those who provided information in this thread.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by timotee126
the dealer told me there isnt a speed control icon kinda pissed if one 12 i sport can have cruise control activated shouldn't all be able to have this option makes no sense to me also i went to overland park Mazda anyone have this issue i have a feeling that the dealer isnt trying or isnt aloud to activate it feedback much appreciated
timotee126, I had the same experience at Overland Park Mazda back in 2015. I just went to Lee's Summit Mazda today and they got it working. See my post from today in this thread. They have to access the Body Control Module (BCM) to find the Speed icon. These guys were great to deal with.

Good luck!

Last edited by rspeigs; 07-07-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Default What Part Number for a 2013 Mazda 3

Just got a 2013 Mazda 3 Wow! NO Cruise control.!!! Glad to hear it can work!!!! BUT!!!!

BEH3-66-4M0C $137.00 with Blue Tooth? Fits 2010 -2013?
BBM5-66-4M0C $184.00 no Blue Tooth. Fits 2010 only?
BBM4-66-4M0C $150.00 on Blue Tooth. Fits 2010 - 2013 and Right Side has INFO BACK and ENTER buttons?????

Which one for a 2013 Mazda 3 base model, and can the Body Control Module turn on Blue Tooth?

Zoom Zoom I hope to get this done for a Christmas gift!!!!!

Old 01-09-2018, 06:44 PM

Another Success!! I'm quite happy!

Figured I would give my experience to help others like those before helped me

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 4 door sedan i Sport Automatic. I purchased the BEH6-66-4M0C from ebay for $137. Installed it in my car. This part was pretty easy, though be sure to make sure you have all the right tools, I neglected to check if I had a 13/16 socket and had to Lyft to Home Depot half way through the install . I used these 2 youtube videos for reference on removing the steering wheel and installing the part, instructions were on point and @zoom_zum3 (post #60) also details the steps to remove the steering and install the cruise control part in text if you want to look.

youtube videos:
and

I then called one dealership in the area and asked if they would be willing to try the activation of cruise control and the manager said No. They weren't even willing to try because of legal reasons and warranty..etc. Next, I decided to make an appointment at another dealership since I needed some work done anyways but didn't mention the cruise control part (I would tell them in person and try to persuade them there). Got to my appointment and the service guy was super nice and I talked to him about the cruise control and showed him printouts of other people's instructions and success and he said he would have to talk to his manager first but he seemed open to the idea. Came back and said he was willing to try and that couldn't hurt and the instructions seemed straight forward. 30 mins later, he came back and said IT WORKED and he test drove it to make sure!!.

Cost was 1 hrs work so $150. Total cost was ~$300. Not too bad. Now I have cruise control for my long drives!

Old 02-12-2018, 09:33 PM

I know this thread is old, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it on a 2013 Mazda3.

Also, has anyone had success finding a dealership around Louisville, KY that is willing to take care of the reprogramming?

Old 02-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

2013 being the older 2010 shape or the newer 2014 shape?

Old 02-13-2018, 02:45 PM

The older 2010 shape

Quick Reply: 2012 Mazda cruise control