Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2012 Mazda cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Your 2013 will be the same as a 2012.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Just got done at the Mazda Dealer getting my Cruise enabled on my 2010 Mazda 3 SV. I had to replace the brake light switch and added the buttons (on Ebay purchased a wheel for $50). Went to Fred Mueller Mazda in Schofield, WI. Allen, the Service Advisor gladly had it hooked up and got a tech, Johnny to enable it. Didn't charge me a dime to do this. Cruise works like a dream. Thanks to all here who have shared their information and experiences.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:17 AM
Default Good to Go!

Mazda 3 2013, got a steering wheel with all the buttons, went to dealer to activate speed control GOOD to Go!
Wheel ebay $65 dealer $65.

The Dealers I talked on the phone stated no way, bring it in and talk to a tech they know how to get it done. BMC Control activate speed control. Done.

Thanks to all !!!

Old 09-12-2019, 12:00 PM

I have a 2013 Mazda 3 with no buttons at all on the steering wheel (not even audio). Will installing this part and updating the computer work to add cruise control in my case?

Old 10-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Just to update, this ended up working for my 2013 Mazda3. Ordered a 2010 steering wheel with the audio and cruise control buttons from ebay, and ended up just replacing the entire steering wheel. Had one issue that my airbag was "hard-wired" into the harness, and did not have that 2nd smaller connection. I ended up having to solder these 2 airbag wires into the harness on the replacement steering wheel.

The dealer was able to activate the cruise control, after having some initial issues, it worked the 2nd time for them (not sure what was different between the 2 attempts)

Old 07-16-2020, 01:05 PM
Default 2010 Mazda 3 cruise activation

I am jumping in here WAY past the original post...
I recently purchased a 2010 Mazda 3. It is a base model with automatic. I installed the required Cruise control switches as mentioned on this and other forums.
I went to a dealership who was quite willing to give activation a shot. There is no speed icon. They looked in every folder option displayed. They provided me with screen shots as well.
I am open to suggestions on what else to try...

Old 09-16-2020, 12:40 PM

OK, yes I know this is an old thread.

I am resurrecting it because I just bought a 2012 Mazda 3 that wasn't equipped with cruise, and I have been reading up on several threads on this forum and others that indicate that factory cruise can be added to a 2012 Mazda3 by adding the controls to the existing wheel or installing a wheel that already has these, and then having a dealer activate it. my car was not equipped with cruise, but has other options like steering wheel radio controls, PW and locks, power mirrors, etc. I have found a local dealer who sounds like they will be willing to give the programming a shot. Now I just need a wheel. I am a little confused because I have seen several part numbers tossed around for the factory buttons that can be installed in my existing wheel, so some clarification there would help.

Alternately, I have found two different wheels on eBay for reasonable money that should work. One simply has the radio controls on the left and the cruise buttons on the right. The other has controls for the information display on the right, and the cruise buttons are along the inside edge of the spokes on the wheel. I actually like that wheel better, because I think the buttons are in a place where they would be easier to activate. I have also read that it may be possible to swap in the display that will work with these buttons - at the very worst, they would just be non functional in the short run.

Can anyone tell me if the second wheel with the added display buttons will work the same way? My instinct is "yes", because those buttons probably use the same portion of the wiring harness even though they are in a different spot on the wheel, but it would be great if someone can confirm this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 09-17-2020, 01:27 PM
Default 2012 Cruise question

Hey TominKY,

After my recent experience, I might suggest that you have your dealer verify that you have the speed control icon in your system. It could save you the cost of parts and installation. I bought the parts and installed them prior to activation. When I took the car to the dealer, we determined that this function wasn't included in the "as built" files. There was nothing to activate as a result. I did determine I could add power door locks though...lol...
End result is I have all of the controls but still have no cruise and apparently never will.

Chris

Old 09-19-2020, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Chrismecs, its possible to re code/adjust the as-built data. I did this on my old Atenza ( JDM Mazda 6)

Old 05-07-2021, 12:46 PM
Talking 2013 Mazda 3 Cruise control

Hey everybody, I know this is an OLD post, but I wanted to provide my experience with adding OEM cruise control to my car.
I have a 2013 Mazda 3 iSV 2.0L 5 Speed auto (BL 2nd Gen). The car is the base model with no cruise control and no special frills.
I really want to keep this car for awhile and really love to use cruise on my fiancé's car, and so I saw this forum and saw the rostra cruise stalk alternative for 300+ bucks. (ew)
We all know which option I went with.

From previous users and research, I checked to make sure my car was drive by wire and had the 4 wire brake switch, which it was and had. This is for the US Mazda 3, I'm in Florida.
After that I purchased BEH3-66-4M0C for $99, that is the on wheel buttons with cruise on the right and phone buttons and volume on the left.
I lose my mute button but that's fine, volume and MODE and channel change still work, the other phone control buttons don't do anything.
There is a possibility of part number BBM5664M0C working as well, cruise buttons on the right, basic radio and mute switches on the left, but that is not the part I used.

I did the usual, unhook ground terminal, discharge battery by toggling lights, take out airbag and wheel, took it inside, disassembled wheel, swapped out the buttons, reassembled, etc.
I bought a torque wrench for the job ($50), already had other sockets needed, torqued wheel back down to 35 FT LBS, good to go. Pressed the cruise buttons, nothing lit up, as expected.
I shined a light on my dashboard as well to see if the dash had a spot for a CRUISE light, mine did which is a good sign.
I also made sure the pins/wires on the wheel switches and the clock spring plug matched too.
It all lined up and looked good to work.

I then scheduled an appointment with my closest Mazda Dealership, pulled in, someone greeted me and I explained why I'm here.
I explained that I had added the hardware needed for cruise control to work on my car, and wanted to see if a service tech could activate the OEM cruise.
This first person I spoke with gave me a bit of attitude, told me it wouldn't work, it was a very involved process, you would have to purchase an aftermarket unit, yada yada yada.
I informed him that I know it sounds crazy, but that I was willing to pay just to even have the diagnostic tool connected to my car, even if it didn't work.
This guy said directly to me "Alright, if you want to waste your money go right ahead."
I went to the service desk, and after the first interaction everyone else was great to work with.
I did have to explain myself multiple times, but I worked with the service advisor and the technician who had the diagnostic tool.
I even asked to speak directly to the tech and if possible look at the tool he was using.
I waited in the lounge for about 20 minutes, then the service advisor explained that he was having trouble explaining what I wanted.
He walked me out to the service bays, and I got to speak directly with the tech, explained again, and he was very willing to try.
The tech went and grabbed the diagnostic tool/laptop and started looking around.
After a minute he found the speed setting, activated it, and BOOM! OEM Cruise control, works flawlessly!

The tech even walked me through what settings he went to:
Module programming---> programmable parameters---> speed items---> once speed items is clicked it will take the tech through the process, he had to hit enabled, wait, and then DONE.

They charged a .5 hour labor fee, which was about $70, and that's pretty reasonable. So with the part and reprogramming, it was $170!
The torque wrench I would've needed to buy sooner or later anyways.

Sorry this is a long post, but hope this helps anybody out, and if anyone wants to message me I could provide photos and additional information if needed!

TLDR: It works!

Quick Reply: 2012 Mazda cruise control