Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2005 Mazda 3- FOR SALE- Special circumstance

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Default 2005 Mazda 3- FOR SALE- Special circumstance

We have a silver 2005 Mazda 3 that we have done door replacements, new windshield, new rear window, new tires, cv joints, shocks, and struts. The dark interior in good condition. We were getting ready to get a paint job when the computer decided to glitch. We sent it to the shop for repair/replacement, but now the glitch is a complete failure. We looked for a computer to no avail. So, now I am asking if there is someone who would be interested in the purchase of a good Mazda 3 body. Literally only have the computer issue that is preventing us from keeping it, since my daughter loves the car. I know some people can find parts that others don't have access to.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaMom531
We have a silver 2005 Mazda 3 that we have done door replacements, new windshield, new rear window, new tires, cv joints, shocks, and struts. The dark interior in good condition. We were getting ready to get a paint job when the computer decided to glitch. We sent it to the shop for repair/replacement, but now the glitch is a complete failure. We looked for a computer to no avail. So, now I am asking if there is someone who would be interested in the purchase of a good Mazda 3 body. Literally only have the computer issue that is preventing us from keeping it, since my daughter loves the car. I know some people can find parts that others don't have access to.
Go to a junkyard or salvage yard. The one near me has at least 6 Mazda3's to choose from. Have the yard pull the computer and sell it to you. There has to be salvage yards in West Tn!!

Old 08-16-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by RGAZ
Go to a junkyard or salvage yard. The one near me has at least 6 Mazda3's to choose from. Have the yard pull the computer and sell it to you. There has to be salvage yards in West Tn!!
We have used the junk yard (salvage yard) to do quite a bit. Unfortunately, they do not have a computer compatible with our year; we have looked. If you’re familiar with the engines, you know there’s a small margin of computers that work. Our 2005 will only work with computers from, I believe, second 2003 production to last of 2005 production. In West TN, we have to pull our own parts, so that’s a lot of fun pulling parts that don’t work.
But, quite frankly, even if we found the right make/ model/ year, we’re in the middle of a move, and I do not care to deal with this.
However, I appreciate your advice.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaMom531

We have used the junk yard (salvage yard) to do quite a bit. Unfortunately, they do not have a computer compatible with our year; we have looked. If you’re familiar with the engines, you know there’s a small margin of computers that work. Our 2005 will only work with computers from, I believe, second 2003 production to last of 2005 production. In West TN, we have to pull our own parts, so that’s a lot of fun pulling parts that don’t work.
But, quite frankly, even if we found the right make/ model/ year, we’re in the middle of a move, and I do not care to deal with this.
However, I appreciate your advice.

That's too bad since without it running it is not worth much at all. Post it on craigslist and see what you can get. The ads section of this Mazda forum would be appropriate too if its not already there.

Good luck,