Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Mazda Demio questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:25 AM

I realized my screen is different than those in your pics. Mine says Eclipse (AVN110MCR) and i have been grinding on the internet since yesterday but i cant find anything, i tried using an sd formatted on FAT 32 but it gives a
Japanese error that the sd card is not valid(god bless google translate)
Then went through with google translate, i found a language option saying *English* but when i click on it it just wont do anything
I found the problem yesterday with the mirrors LR button must be defective cause if i push on lets say on the L or R and while i keep holding the button then if i press the arrows it works , weird :s
Maybe the wheel controls are not even connected indeed, cause those that have to do with media function wont work

Old 06-20-2018, 07:17 AM

Well... you're out of luck.

According to this video -
- the SD card there is for boot only, not for music.
I believe these SD cards were also used for storing navigation maps in some proprietary format.
The same video tells that these units were meant for and installed on rental cars, and that's why they are that basic.

Some of these units had USB support that can be enabled after some soldering, but yours apparently hasn't.
Also your unit probably has a video cassette recorder input on the back, so after fiddling a lot with the connector (it's 6 pin there probably, judging by other videos, but I'm in total dark about the pinout) you may make or buy a converter to an AVC cable and then it's a simple thing to use a cheap Chinese HDMI to VHS to connect a laptop and play music from it.

Just kidding.
Buy a simple FM transmitter that goes into a car charger, tune your radio to it and bear with the mediocre sound quality until this or that replacement unit will arrive.

Mirrors - never had any problems with them, so I don't even have a clue how they are wired, sorry.
It sounds (it sounds, I don't really know) that the problem is the mechanical. That clicking LR switch seems like (seems like, I don't really know) not locking in a position tight enough to make a contact. And when you apply some pressure it finally makes a contact and everything works as it should.
I'd suggest to refer to a professional mechanic who knows how to assemble a door back with no spare parts left around.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:37 PM

the thing is even if we have the same device with the dude in the video, the weirdest thing is that mine has a Greyed USB tab when he doesnt have anything there but man damn, i dont understand russian either :/
About the soldering do you have any info for this? i got pretty good soldering equipment and i could try to work on it till i get a chinese one since its hurts a lot without music and just only audio cds ._.
Thanks a lot for your help tho man, really helpful

Old 06-22-2018, 04:32 PM

Ok, let me repeat that the most sensible solution would be to buy a FM transmitter for a car.
Look at ???????? - ??????????? ?? ???????? ???????? ??????????? ?? ??? ??? ????? : Fm Transmitters or any other shop you prefer, buy it, place into the charger, set the transmitting frequency and listen to your own music from a SD or USB with radio quality.
This is what I recommend.

Now let's go to the fun part, as in me compiling/describing/translating potentially dangerous instructions on what to do with a unit I never ever saw in real life.

Looks like the process boils down to two steps: ungreying that USB tab and making sure there is somewhere to put a flash drive in.

1) Ungreying that tab is done through a service menu that is unlocked by holding down that middle button with hieroglyphs and pressing menu button ten times in a row. I presume this should be done with the unit is on.
It should look like this - https://a.d-cd.net/57e1eb6s-1920.jpg - here USB is already enabled.

I'm not sure about how to save the settings, but your translator should help you.
Looks like when exiting from the menu you should first press this - https://forums.drom.ru/attachment.ph...mentid=5991332 - then this - https://forums.drom.ru/attachment.ph...mentid=5991333

2) Now to make something to plug a flash drive into.
Get a decent USB 2.0 cable with a female slot. Usually such cables are sold as "USB extenders" and they are about two meters long.
Cut it at about 60-70 cm mark so it won't be too long, but still will get to the glovebox with reasonable slack, and strip the wires.

Now get your unit out from the console and look at it's back. On the left you should see a square brown port with four pins.
Now, compare that port pinout - https://forums.drom.ru/attachment.ph...mentid=5356771 - and USB 2.0 pinout - http://agnitum.me/wp-content/uploads...re-diagram.jpg - and start inventing.

You need to invent a way to connect 5V to 5V, gnd to gnd, D+ to D+ and D- to D- in a way that they won't ever touch or fall out on any bumps.
Something like https://www.solidrop.net/photo-3/20-...ke-car-etc.jpg will probably do in theory, but I'm not sure will it fit or not.
Aftermarket cables they do at home at Russian Far East look like https://static.baza.farpost.ru/v/1439457876121_default

Anyway, you have a soldering iron and a hot glue gun, so you'll manage.
Or maybe there is already a connector from the factory neatly tied in the back of the unit, who knows.

Ok, you put it in and place the unit back.
Now you take a cheap flash drive you don't care about, format it in FAT32, throw in some mp3 (preferably only with English characters in their names for test), say a prayer and plug it in.

It even may work.

Also I found a full description of ports on that unit - https://forums.drom.ru/attachment.ph...mentid=5301151 - if you'll want to do something else with it, I'll translate it.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:05 AM

Freaking amazing!!!!
I had the USB ublocked for some reason so i suppose its greyed cause there is no usb cable on the behind.I will open it up and solder the cables right on the motherboard.

Man thanks so much, i grinded over the net for manual and even for the full description you just sent me but it was to no avail

Thanks again bro, ill post the progress alter on

Old 06-24-2018, 12:58 PM

You're welcome.

I'd personally choose a bit simpler and more brutal design (but much less fun than soldering it to the motherboard).
Take four Arduino jump wires (usually called DuPont wires on Ali), plug them in, fill the port with glue and solder the jump wires with stripped USB wires outside.

Don't let me dissuade you, though, and keep me updated.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:50 AM

Huge pictures incoming from below ,im sorry i dont know how to to make em smaller

I took out the Eclipse device, broke down the usb port (since i dont care for it in the future tbh) and soldered the cables right on the motherboard...
And omg dont try it at home guys if you dont have good soldering equipment AND patience this way but i wanted to do since i had usb cables around ._.
Then i put the female usb cable behind the it and below the pretty carpet and right into the lighter where there *should be* i suppose a usb port maybe?
Tried as much as i could to *cut/make* a proper hole for it to make it look like genuine...for the lulz
Loaded up with a USB Formatted on FAT32 and voila

Thanks a lot bro! You saved me

Old 06-25-2018, 04:16 PM

The plan and the buddies
indeed the brown USB port
I broke it and soldered the cables on the motherboard directly,that is cruel i know...i wont care for it later on. Why they didnt add it back then its out of my head...-.-
this plastic was supposed for aux maybe? well its for the usb now. Does taht thing even have AUX?
final look..? was trying to make it look legit but it looks vandalized haha
testing it one last time before assembling
Yes it works :]
Thanks a lot Bro
it would take me a lot longer till i would find the schematic even if its in russian, helped me a lot

Old 06-26-2018, 05:58 AM

Great job!

I haven't really thought what that panel is for, but I keep my usb cables in the glovebox.
Nice find, I'll think of a use for it.

Glad everything works ok.
Now set your eyes for the prize:

Old 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM

Maybe that is the reason why the wheel controls dont work...
i didnt see anything on the back that they can be connected together, i hope the one i get can be connected to it and hopefully work cause right now only the INFO button works, which is for the Klm only
Maybe my car is missing the cable from the wheel controls since i didnt see anything on the back :s

Btw pm me that thing

Quick Reply: Mazda Demio questions