Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Duplicate keys

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Default Duplicate keys

I recently bought a used 2012 Mazda2. The slimeball used car dealer that sold it to me only had 1 key and didn't tell me how hard it would be to make a spare copy. I have been looking online and it looks like a Mazda dealer will charge $200 to make a key copy. Is this a price I will have to live with or should it cost less than this? Is it possible for a locksmith to make and program a key or is this a dealer only thing?

Old 11-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

where in the world are you?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:56 AM

I called a few locksmiths and found one who claims he can copy and program a key for $65. If it works out I'll report back.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:08 AM

Sometimes company gives you only single key of your car due to some security reasons. So you have an option to contact professional locksmith fort worth company that provides you duplicate key or spare key of your car.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:57 AM

Due to the advancement in the making of modern car keys, modern car key replacement can pose a serious challenge to most car owners, fortunately, locksmith cincinnati has come with an effective and simplified way of getting an ideal car key replacement or duplicate key that will give you peace of mind.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:30 AM

Locksmith Roswell Ga services are currently the best choice for commercial locksmith services in roswell, georgia - because their technicians are bonded, experienced, and certified.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:51 AM

Alpharetta Locksmith technician can come to you on the same day and make you a car key replacement or duplicate key for your car at a much lower cost than the dealer.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by smallcardude555
I called a few locksmiths and found one who claims he can copy and program a key for $65. If it works out I'll report back.
It's a good deal, if locksmith dc near me offer such deal i will surely go with it.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by smallcardude555
Is this a price I will have to live with or should it cost less than this? Is it possible for a locksmith to make and program a key or is this a dealer only thing?
I spent a couple days trying to find the best price. I ended up going with a mobile locksmith, and I watched him do the work. It's highly nontrivial, he had to cut the key and program it in the on-board computer. Programming process was involved, that's where your cost is. I ended up getting a second key without the remote, because it was about $100 cheaper. But I figured I could always get a new fob for the remote, that car lets you program the remote yourself, as long as you have two keys to do it, if memory serves.

But he also had a programming reject, so he just gave me that one. It won't start the car, but it will unlock it, which can be helpful. Most likely, that $60-some key will end up costing closer to double that by the time you actually put your card in the reader, at least that's what I found. But when you see what goes into doing it, you won't feel bad about having to pay it.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:28 AM

Well, you spent time and then get a good deal. I also did the same and found locksmith college park experts who made new keys at a very reasonable cost.

Quick Reply: Duplicate keys