Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

HELP big time (I THINK)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Default HELP big time (I THINK)

Firts of al let me introduce my self
dutch guy living on bonaire netherlands antilles driving a mazda tribute v6 2002
today i took the car for a spin and needed to fuel it up (light was on ) and wen i drove back home suddenly i had a lack of power and the car wont rev higher than 2000 rpm (even in drive)
there is also a strange sound coming from the airfilter, like it is open but it isnt .i let a friend of my towed it back home and pulled the airfilter and the sounds got worst (like a diesel without a aircleaner) and overheats to .just changed the pLugs last weekend and it was running ok. Mi engine light is on to I did not pulled the codes yet because i am waiting for my scanner that i ordered from amazon . Pulled the batery cable for a while without result
i hope it is nothing cathastropic because the car was going next week to the painter and now this .i was going to customize it with candy aple red and a coating of black ink and some nice 19" rims xenon headlights
please help me out here guys parts are not that hard to get here because we have a napa over here

bonaire is located in the south caribbean

Last edited by tobias; 06-14-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Default thanks god !!!!!!!

Guys you know what happend
One of my first catalyst was busted trowing the inside down the mufler choking the car .when i opend up the mufler i had a bunch of that honey rate stuf clugging up the last catalyst .since we dont have any emision regulation here on the island i just replaced the catalyst with a piece of tube and the car is fine. but what is strange that now my filter light (changed it last week ) is off and the engine check light is off .what is rather strange because if one of my primary catalyst is bust it must be sensing something is wrong but hey what the heck it is runing !!
greetz tobi

By the way anybody intrested in before and after pics ???