Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda RX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-rx-7-33/)
-   -   Guess I'll Introduce Myself... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-rx-7-33/guess-ill-introduce-myself-4312/)

Rudukai13 08-06-2006 05:29 AM

Guess I'll Introduce Myself...

Ok I'm two years away from being able to drive (you do the math, I'm tired) and I have already decided that I'm getting a 93 RX7 with manual transmission and any other goodies I can get on it for 10k. I have a plan of what I'm gonna do with it already, and I just hope to have fun on these forums. I don't know much about these cars or engines however, and that is something that I hope to remedie in the time between now and when I get my first car. And in case you haven't noticed yet, I'm slightly sarcastic, and to all those who I shall undoubtedtly offend, suck it up.

the_gray_mazda6 08-06-2006 11:28 AM

RE: Guess I'll Introduce Myself...

you've chosen a nice vehicle to play around with and work on if you have the mechanical skills/know how. If not, it's not all that difficult to learn how to if you read up a little on the vehicle. I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle you want. If you have any questions, post em... plenty of people that know about your car here. We even have tech certified members if you really need help or a diagram!

wonner 08-06-2006 02:25 PM

Good luck find a 93 in decent condition for 10k. I suggest buying a N/A FC or FB first, just to gain a little experience with these cars. Turbo rotaries can be unforgiving if you happen to make a mistake.

Rudukai13 08-06-2006 03:59 PM

I've actually found a bunch on like autotrader and stuff. I've been looking alot.

87 turbo II 08-06-2006 04:19 PM

10k might land you a 93 but you would'nt be able to afford any "goodies" for it. I see the cheaper 3rd gens running $12k. They are excellent cars but most people don't reccomend one as a first car. They say start with an FC or FC turbo and get th efeel of a RWD car because the FD just drives differently and even scares people who are good drivers so pushed ot the limit a teen could easily kill themselves in one. I kind of see what they're saying as I can't even handle my FC very well when I'm pushing it hard. Also you have to be a pretty avid do it yourselfer as Fds are very problematic and not many know how to work on them. It's just not a good FIRST car but if you think you're up forit, then go for it.

Rudukai13 08-06-2006 06:26 PM

I'm deffinitely a do it yourselfer and I am deffinitely ready for the commitment.

87 turbo II 08-06-2006 06:44 PM

ok but the 3rd generation Rx-7 eats many things

money
time
fuel
oil

if you buy one, and catch yourslef several thousand $ down in repairs (and price of vehicle) in 3 years with a non-running car, don't say you haven't been warned.

Rudukai13 08-06-2006 10:48 PM

I know, understood. I do have a plan to pay for all of this stuff.

13BREWFD3S 08-14-2006 11:26 AM

no joke on FD's eating $$$.. Since January i've dumped over 7500.00 in mine.. and that's WITHOUT any power mods.... check it in RX7/FD Owners thread.. for sale 16,500