Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda Protege (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-protege-23/)
-   -   We Need More People Posting (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-protege-23/we-need-more-people-posting-5003/)

chawk 10-03-2006 09:34 PM

We Need More People Posting

Hey guy's and gals, this site is really hurting, The nissanclub.com site has millions of post and people getting back to you with knowledgeable answers. It appears that we need more people. So instead of browsing this site join in! if you own a Mazda Protege and post your questions then we could get back with answers so that we can all help each other and discover problems and easy solutions for our protege's. Instead of paying a mechanic to rip us off. Anyway I just had to get that off my chest.

Has anybody had there timing belt changed, or done it themselves? It seems like a really involved project. Or if you paid somebody to do it for you what did they charge?

the_gray_mazda6 10-03-2006 10:19 PM

RE: We Need More People Posting

I do agree with what you are saying about people not responding or giving input on issues. As for the timing belt, I've done it on a few different vehicles, but not the protoge. But in all honesty, it's not that complicated to switch it out for a new one if you got a diagram. I just can't fathom the idea of paying someone alot of money to do something that I could do myself in my free time. I'd rather spend money on something else besides labor fees!

Estlander 10-03-2006 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: chawk

Hey guy's and gals, this site is really hurting, The nissanclub.com site has millions of post and people getting back to you with knowledgeable answers. It appears that we need more people.

I know what you mean. I've been wondering about the same thing. Must be that Proteges are such good cars that they do not have as many problems as other cars....lol. Not just this Protege forum is hurting, but three other ones as well that i am a member of, and i don't know why that is. Before i got my Protege i had Mazda 626 and i was lurking around Mazda 626 forums, and they had plenty of members and were very active. But i guess the reason really is that there are more 626's out there and they are more popular than Proteges.

bkey71 10-03-2006 11:23 PM

I have replaced many, many timing belts before on many makes and models. Not a big deal.

I am a mechanic and do my best to rip as many people off as I can!![sm=happy046.gif]

chawk 10-04-2006 10:38 PM

I know you do that is why you are in the business. Yeah I will take up that project in a couple of months the vehicle is just sitting right now, I will probably have to replace the clutch b/f I do anything. I guessing the mazda must not be that common in the United States. compared to other makes like toyota, nissan, ford ect... Or maybe the people that own them aren't the do it yourself kinda people.

westimports 10-04-2006 11:05 PM

This seems like more of a lurker forum than the others I belong to.
I think a lot of people come to this site when they search initially because the name is extremely generic.
They find what they are looking for (or not) and never come back.
Sites like msprotege and even protegeclub, to name just two, are more specific both namewise and modelwise and so the
members there are much more of a 'community' than here.

I think that's a huge problem with this site; it has no identity.

And yes, I am here as a vendor but I also own a modded Protege and use the products I sell, so I'm willing to help wherever I can.