Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Question for Mazda's Xperts @ flashing Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Default Question for Mazda's Xperts @ flashing Airbag light

Hi Mazda's Gurus... i have a 2002 protege5!. A year ago, i install A pillar with 3 auto meter gauges (voltmeter, motor oil pres., and fuel/air) and the same day we install cat-bat Megan racing Exhust System.The day after i check in my dash, my airback dummy light was flashinglike a code... for ex. 3 shorts 2 long lights.. in the same way until icut the engine off...and that just gone!!! if i start the car againg (that happend maybe 1 a mounth).

Well, now...after a year start happend maybe everyday and in differents codes...every time was i took the car to the dealership and i cut it off... it's gone againg!. Could somebody can tell me... what happend? or if that happend to someone?... kind of crazy!... thank you everybody in the forum... it's nice to havenice people around!!!... sincerally

IDEL
Va

Old 09-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Default RE: Question for Mazda's Xperts @ flashing Airbag light

I believe code 32 is drivers airbag low resistance. Could be the airbag or clockspring or poor connection.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Hi Hixx... thx for your fast answer... but what is "code 32 is drivers airbag low resistance?" relation with what i did to the car?... or that dont have any relation?... in the end!!! what do you thing is the right way to solve this problem?...because everytime when i take the care to the dealer to get plug with the computer...nothing show up!... thx buddy!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:10 PM

It probably has nothing to do with your mods. It basicly means a poor connection somewhere. Remove the airbag and check the connector. Could be a bad clockspring but if it is intermittent it will be tough to check. I would disconnect and reconnect all the airbag connections at and under the steering column. I wear rubber gloves when i mess with airbags so grab a pair of rubber gloves. Static electricity near the module can set one off. If you pushed a wire into your fuse box under a fuse that would be a big no no also.