Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Overheating while driving not idle and no heat

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Default Overheating while driving not idle and no heat

Okay so my car started to overheat when driving but doesn't when I'm idle and I have no heat. I changed out the radiator and the thermostat. I also flushed the heater core both from inlet to return and return to inlet. I'm full on fluid also. I noticed the return line on the heater core is cold while the inlet is hot that is why I flushed it but even after the flush it didn't change anything. I still have no heat and overheats when I drive. Any suggestions and advice would be really appreciated

Old 06-05-2019, 09:54 PM
Smile

The other day when i was going for a cruise. my thermostat shot to H and i noticed my fan was intermittent and so i did some poking around and it turned out the plug circled in the picture in the attachment was pinched or something so i disassembled the switch and temporarily secured the wire to its post inside the female end of the plug, and when i got home i redid the plug and it worked great afterwards, my car was a 1990 protege but it should be a bit similar in concept if that's what the issue turns out to be. hope this helps man. best of luck to ya!