Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Broken Door Latch and Child Safety On

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Unhappy Broken Door Latch and Child Safety On

Well guys, I've had little luck finding a solution on my own so I'm asking for all the help I can get. Yesterday, I went to open my rear driver's side door and it wouldn't open. When I lifted up on the handle I heard something fall inside the door. I tried opening the door from the inside but I recalled engaging the Child Safety lock so now I can't open it from the inside. I know why the latch is broken and I know it's a simple fix but the problem is that I can't open the door at all now. So if anyone knows how I could find a way to open the door without it being expensive or if there's a way that I could do it myself that would be great. I would really hope that I'm not the only person that this has happened to But, any info is great and I appreciate it.

I also stumbled upon this on Youtube (Opening rear door on MKIV VW Golf : handle broken, child lock engaged - YouTube). I know it's for a VW but how different could it be, really? If anyone knows if I could just follow this video that'd be great!