Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

96 protege

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Lightbulb 96 protege

Ok well i got a bunch of stuff fixed... So it still has oil in the intake...which i found out could be a clogged hose.. and also the fumes coming out the exhaust is oil burning... and no its not turboed...

Last edited by dogg123452; 05-06-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 AM

you may be looking at a new motor, i spent weeks and weeks on my friends supra where there was oil in the vaccum lines/intake, the car reaked of gas, his anti freeze resivior was bubbling like it was boiling water, it even changed the colour of the anti-freeze in 1 week, he had a cracked head gasket, 2 blowen valves in the head, in the end it was cheaper to buy a used motor then fix the one he had.
your idling weird at stops is ithier your egr valve seizing up you can test it by buying a special compression tester and put pressure on it to see if its releasing, or check all the vaccum lines for cracks,indents, or holes. its a vaccum problem
for blue smoke i would get a compression test done on the motor cause does it smell like burning antifreeze usually blue smoke is a cracked head gasket, you can check this by looking at your dip stick if the oil looks like its glisening then you have anti freeze in your oil, or if your oil level some how went up.
is it turboed?

Last edited by darkstar4100; 05-04-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:41 PM

Ok well i got a bunch of stuff fixed... So it still has oil in the intake...which i found out could be a clogged hose.. and also the fumes coming out the exhaust is oil burning... and no its not turboed...