Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Yolk Change or New Shaft?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Default Yolk Change or New Shaft?

So I've had my v8 conversion together for a while and kinda slacked off on it alot! I only need a driveshaft for it to be mobile. Here's the situation I'm faced with and I'm asking for any comments and ideas to help make a decision on how to further proceed!!! I have an aluminum driveshaft out of an old ford van. The front yolk goes into the transmission as it is supposed to but the whole driveshaft is about 6 inches TOO LONG. Also the rear yolk doesn't match my Mazda bolt pattern. The shop here that did aluminum work recently closed before I got my work done. So I'm opting to either change the yolk on my rearend and keep the aluminum unit or have a steel driveshaft made to fit with the rear yolk from my stock driveshaft. I would prefer the 1st option due to being more cost friendly but the only question about that is availablity/compatability. I also have access to the necessary tools to shorten the shaft just not to balance it. All positive input welcomed!!!