Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Questions?? questions??? help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Default Questions?? questions??? help

I have the RFW switch in my 4-wheel drive, i have yet to put the motor in it yet.. but was wondering.. i put my truck in 2 wheel drive the front driveshaft going to my front differential is free, i can spin it, and when i put it in 4-wheel drive i spin it the whole truck tries to go forward.. does this mean my 4-wheel drive works, the truck has sat up for 3 years, no motor in it>? And what are HUBS???? I aint really too smart on 4-wheel drives?? or two wheel drives for that matter... lol but is the RFW switch susposed to light up.. the 4x4 signal light comes on, on the instrument panel when i shift it into 4-wheel drive... HELP HELP

Old 02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Default RE: Questions?? questions??? help

I am not sure what a RFW switch is. The hubs are what the front drive axles for your 4WD attach to. They are located with the brake rotor assembly. They have gears inside that engage which gives you the 4WD. The scenario described above sounds good about the truck trying to move when you switched into 4WD. This is what you want to happen. Not sure on how the lights operate, but when you get the engine in, you WILL KNOW if your 4WD works for sure.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Questions?? questions??? help

Check this thread.

https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_7120/tm.htm