Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

re power ?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Default re power ?

I have a 1987 b2600 petrol 4wd , the engine has died . does anyone know if there are any other similar engines that would fit relatively easy ??? cheers

Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 AM

I assume you are from down under?
If so your truck is different from those sold in the US.The US version is a re-badged Ford: Wiki:
The Mazda B-Series is a pickup truck, first manufactured in 1961 by Mazda Motor Corporation. From the first B-Series, Mazda has used the engine displacement to determine the name. Thus, the B1500 had a 1.5 L engine and the B2600 had a 2.6 L engine. In Japan, Mazda used the Proceed name on its compact pickup trucks, and another line of larger trucks is available called the Mazda Titan. Other names used for this line include Mazda Bravo (Australia), Mazda Bounty (New Zealand), Mazda Magnum / Thunder / Fighter (Thailand), and Mazda Drifter (South Africa).
Mazda's partnership with Ford has resulted in the sharing of this vehicle as the Ford Courier, and later as the Ford Ranger. However, it should be borne in mind that the Mazda B-Series and Ford Ranger twins sold in North America are unrelated to the ones sold elsewhere. These are engineered by Mazda, whereas the North American models are developed by Ford.

We US based guys can't help you much. I hope some bloke will come forward for you.

Cheers, mate!