Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

pulling my hair out

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:10 AM
Default pulling my hair out

Have a 89 b2200 with a slight problem. ran good untill i had to usemy truck to jump a friends car. Whenhe hit his key it to start his dead car it made my truck run rough.I got it home limping on sounded like 2 cyl.Thought maby it shorted something when i jumped his car.I dont know what could have happen???. Also i just changed the cap,rotor,sparkplugs and wireslast month its not fireing on all cyls and it runs rough and rich now after all this.I was thinking maby it took out my distrubtor or coil???also there is a little black box the size of a nickle on the distributor housing running to the neg side of the coil not sure waht that dose..?? thanks for the help................

Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Default RE: pulling my hair out

that little thing is the module and controls the power to the spark plugs and sounds like that you fried it because you guys probably conected one of the jumpers in the wrong order or you grounded the black to the neg of your battery instead of a good engine ground or did you connect it when your engine was running.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Default RE: pulling my hair out

No, the little black box on the side of the distributor is the noise suppressor. It is just a capacitor that helps reduce ignition noise picked up by you're radio.

The actual ignition module is inside the distributor underneath the rotor button and dust shield. The only reason why you connect to a good chassis ground is so that if it sparks and there is a hydrogen built up inside the battery it doesn't blow up in you're face.

When you jump a dead car you need to keep the running vehicle on there 2 or 3 minutes with the rpm around 2,500-3,000 before trying to start the dead car. If you don't the dead car will put a huge strain on you're charging system and the amount of current being pulled can damage something. Most likely it's toasted the regulator inside the alternator, I doubt it could have done anything to the ignition module or ignition coil but it's possable. I would take it to an auto parts store and have them check you're alternator.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 AM

This also happen to me after jumping another vehicle. I talked to a dealership about it and ur not gona like what they said. They that sometimes (more often than not) the jumping will cause the ECM to get fried to the point that the truck runs but really ****ty.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM

Sounds like it's time to install a Weber....