Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

no dash lights and tail fuse blows

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Default no dash lights and tail fuse blows

i got a 89 b2200. my problem is this i work at 4am. i went to get in mtruck for work and no tail lights, so i put a new fuse in the tail part of my fuse box, went to turn on headlights and pop goes the fuse so no dash lights, no running lights etc...only headlights.. tail lights only when i push the break pedal in...any help would save my career..

Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Default RE: no dash lights and tail fuse blows

check under the bed and see if the wires have bared and grounded also remove your tail lights and see if you have a pinched wire

Old 06-21-2008, 07:58 AM

"tail lights only when i push the break pedal in"

No, those are the brake lights, actuated when you press down the brake pedal, a completely separate circuit. Also separate are the headlights. As Todd stated, sounds like one of the wires in the parking light/taillight circuit is touching bare metal, and you need to find that out by substitution (or using a multimeter in the ohms position). Yes, it could also be in your instrument lamp circuit. Or in one of the parking light/taillight sockets. Personally, I think I'd pull out the bulbs first and see if that still blows a fuse, maybe something got in under one of the bulbs. You just need to find where a wire or connection shorts to ground, then tape it or fix it. I estimate one hour. The little brightness wheel for the instruments is also pretty accessible, and you turn move that to "off" and see if fuses don't blow in that position, to help troubleshoot.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM

had a simalar problem cause i cut a wire when i was installing my radio cheak the wiring behind the radio