Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Newb here with some questions bout a conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Default Newb here with some questions bout a conversion

Hey guys, its an honor to join your site. I and some friends are planning on doin a conversion in a 89(i think thats the year) B2200 we have already jerked the motor out and the clutch is gone. The engine has a bad head so we think maybe we can have some fun with it. We have been workin on cars since we were 13 which is only 7 years lol, but we are ready for the task-we hope. I have read almost every conversion post on this particular Mazda truck section. I have found a few people who have done it but really no detailed write ups. So I hope you guys can help me out with a bunch of questions I have. Thanks in Advance and thanks for lettin me join up with u guys
OH and we are gonna try to do this as cheap as we can, we are both college guys and moneys are short.

1. Which would be the easiest motor to swap in and the cheapest. (350 vs. 302 vs. Whatever turbo swap u guys are doin these days)

2. Unless I am swayed otherwise I am thinkin SBC. Do stock manifolds fit? How hard are the mounts to make both tranny and motor? Are there any places that sell already fabbed sets?

3.What do u think the total cost will be for the swap? We already bought the truck for 100 bucks

4. What rear end and Radiator, and to use?

5.Any other great tips you guys could help me out with.