Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

need some help

Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Default need some help

i'm pickin up an 87 mazda B2200 saturday. payin a whoppin $150!!! so i got a few questions. i'm mechanically inclined as i'm building my 96 caprice, loweirng my 91 cheyenne and buildin a motor for my 91 caprice. i have too many irons in the fire!

first, the owner before the guy i'm buyin it from put a 2" body lift on it. dunno why. what all will i need to undo this? just factory length bolts?

i wanna lower it after i git the body lift off. anyone ever use the JDM front control arms? how hard was the install?

also gittin a pacesetter header and custom catless exhaust. what do i do about the stock aircleaner and hoses?

i'll git some pictures up as soon as i get it home. i feel like an 8 yr old waitin on christmas!

its not my first b-series. had an 86 B2000 and 2 B2200's before this.

thanks y'all

Old 11-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Default RE: need some help

well first off...to lower these trucks..the axle needs to be above the leaf springs(obvious) and factory bolts will work if you want to put it back to stock height..if you want to go lower..get a cheap set of lowering blocks..ive seen kits up to 4 inch drop on ebay or any major stores really. and the front..drop spindles will lower the front 2 inches..you can adjust the torsion bars..but will put harsh wear on the tires. usually the front is dropped with spindles and bagged. if you can get some control arms fabbed up to create a lower drop all the power to you. but lift kits isnt hard to undo at all.takes a bit of time though. and a header..that will defeat the purpose of the exhaust recurculation pipes...so when the header goes on those come off completely.. the gas mileage wont be affected too much, ive done it myself. stock air cleaner you can keep on but looks a bit goofy with the adapting piece for the pipes that are suppose to be there..id suggest getting a webber.. cuz it makes the underside look much cleaner. and get a small pcv filter cuz that will go as well....and exhaust wise the header from pace setter is a 2 inch collector so do the same size right back to the muffler.