Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-bt-50-pickup-trucks-18/)
-   -   Need Help with 90 B2200 driveshaft question (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-bt-50-pickup-trucks-18/need-help-90-b2200-driveshaft-question-40177/)

sevanlevan 07-02-2018 02:24 AM

Need Help with 90 B2200 driveshaft question

Got a 1990 B2200 pickup.The clutch went out.Dropped the driveshaft and about a gallon of oil came out.Got the clutch installed fine.I figured it was rear-end gear oil but when I checked the rear end axle it was still full.Where did all the oil come from and how do I put it back in?Its a manual 5 speed tranny.Its drivable but wont be for long if I dont replace that oil.The tranny?.

grim_reaper 07-02-2018 03:18 AM

Have you checked the gearbox oil?

Is it 2WD or 4WD?

sevanlevan 07-02-2018 04:02 AM

2 wheel drive.Thanks for the quick reply.I think I found how to solve this problem.Take the speedometer cable out and fill up to the hole with SAE 80w-90 motor oil.

Cusser 07-02-2018 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by sevanlevan (Post 168619)
2 wheel drive.Thanks for the quick reply.I think I found how to solve this problem.Take the speedometer cable out and fill up to the hole with SAE 80w-90 motor oil.

That's one way to add gear oil to these. I check/add 80w90 gear oil through the fill hole on the side of the transmission, use a little pump that fits on the gear oil bottle.

Might be good time to check or replace differential gear oil too !!!

sevanlevan 07-03-2018 02:54 AM

Geaar oil

ouldnt gett it in where the speedometer cable goes in so I just removed the gear shifter and poured it in there..However Ii have a new problem. it doesnt wannt to shiff riight.Ittt willl stiick.in first annd thee only way is to double clutch it..Do I neeed to bleed the slave cylinder?

Cusser 07-03-2018 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by sevanlevan (Post 168629)
I just removed the gear shifter and poured it in there..

That's how most of these trucks ended up with torn rubber inner boots at the shifter base.

Originally Posted by sevanlevan (Post 168629)
Do I need to bleed the slave cylinder?

Yes, I would definitely bleed the clutch hydraulics at the slave cylinder.

Note that on these trucks the clutch hydraulics are not so great/sturdy/reliable over time. In the 24 years I've owned my '88 B2200, I've replaced both clutch master and clutch slave cylinder at least 6 times each. I usually replace as a pair, I've even had the situation where the clutch pedal won't return up on its own. I've had to replace the two flexible clutch lines once each in that time.

I've also gone through several brake master cylinders on this truck.

sevanlevan 07-07-2018 02:44 AM

Well then thats the problem.

The brakes work but they go to the floor.And the clutch has to be pushed in and out twice or the shifter sticks.How much to replace all three?.{Brake master and clutch master and slave}.

Cusser 07-07-2018 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by sevanlevan (Post 168706)
The brakes work but they go to the floor.And the clutch has to be pushed in and out twice or the shifter sticks.How much to replace all three?.{Brake master and clutch master and slave}.

Estimate $100 - $150 in parts and brake fluid if you do the work yourself, including the manual adjustment of rear brakes and bleeding of both clutch and brake systems. Labor estimate would be 1.5 to 2.5 flat rate hours, off top of my head.

sevanlevan 07-08-2018 08:38 PM

problem solved

Installed brake master,clutch master,clutch slave (and clutch)and its running like new.Thanks for your help.I drive up and down the Hollywood Hills everyday and I was afraid I was gonna end up going over a fridge and into somebodies swimming pool.I might sell this thouigh because I found an RV I can get cheap if I get it now..