Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Default need help!

i bought an 86 b2000 from a junk yard awhile ago. i just got done piecing it back together. its now time to put it on the street, and i have no title. and of course, the dash i put in it doesnt have a vin number on it. does anyone know how i can get a new one? ive checked the dvm and they basically said sorry, you need to come up with something. does anyone have a junker with a title and a vin that they are just partin out or anything? i really dont want to have to throw all of this money away. can someone please help!!

i have this posted in the wanted section, just havent gotten any comments.
thanks in advance

Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: need help!

I wouldn'tknow where to tell you to look, but certainly the VIN is stamped on the min structure somewhere too, yes? Perhaps another B owner will be able to help you find it. May I suggest you check the site for a member that has done a lot of work or perhaps done the same kind of project as you have and gotten a rebuild title?

Also, I'm pretty sure that what you are asking is illegal in most, if not all places.
I understand the frustration, dealing with the big machine, but there must be another way you just haven't found it yet.Surly there is a way to do this safely and legally.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM

I live in Oklahoma and had a similar problem like this, I had a 1991 Chevrolet Pickup with no vin or title, I tried to do the same thing you are doing and they told me it is illegal, my only option was I had to find a new cab with a Vin Plate in it and replace it with the old cab of the truck and file for a lost title. This is the only way I think you will be able to do this.

P.S. It is a lengthy process so be prepared to wait a little while on your state DMV.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

OUCH!! That musta' hurt! So how did you solve the problem? What did you end up doing?
Good info, BigBoss. Thanks for posting.

Moral of the story: Check w/your DMV BEFORE taking on a re-title project... unless intended for off-road purposes only.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:36 PM

What I did to solve my problem was just as I stated, but with that particular model of Chevrolet I had no problem finding a cab to put on it, another side note make sure the cab you purchase that has the new VIN number in it is from the same model as you already have.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

In your case, and in bagged's,would it have been possible to simply apply for a lost title, or was it easier/better to go for the new cab?

Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 AM

if you bought the truck at a wrecking yard they have forms you can get from them stating they sold you the vehicle and you will have to get a reconstruction title for it......where are you located??

email me at
toddluck@yahoo.com

and visit
www.mazdabscene.com

Old 02-25-2008, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

In your case, and in bagged's,would it have been possible to simply apply for a lost title, or was it easier/better to go for the new cab?
Well, it was easier for me to get the new cab because the truck I bought was without the original VIN plate just as his is, and my state requires the VIN plate in the vehicle. So definitely easier for me to get the cab. But I'm not sure how easy it will be to get a cab for his mazda where he lives, I just got lucky that there were plenty of my particular model of chevy pickup available in the wrecking yards.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: toddluck
if you bought the truck at a wrecking yard they have forms you can get from them stating they sold you the vehicle and you will have to get a reconstruction title for it......where are you located??

I don't know myself, so this is just a question for you.
Will that work when the VIN plate is missing completely? How can they legally identify it as the same truck he bought from the junkyard?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 PM

it should work fine...the state will give you a vin # and stamp it on your door frame where the tire spec sticker is.....at least here that is what they do