Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

introduction and turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Default introduction and turbo question

first i will introduce myself. my name i robbie and i am 20 years old. i own a 99 B2500. this is my second b series truck. got the last one to 200,000 miles and still running strongbefore i sold it for another. i live in south florida and there are lots of places to go cruising. i also own a motorcycle that has recently become my primary vehicle. i like going fast, what can i say. summer is approaching and i want to do some work on the truck that i have been neglecting. one of these upgrades would be to put in aturbo if possible. i was wondering if there is a turbo kit out there that fitsmy truck. has anyone done this to their stock motor. if there is not a kit out there where can i get the pieces to make my own or will the turbo from a different motor fit mine. any other performance upgrade ideas that have worked for would be apreaciated. already have exhaust, k&n filter, andthrottle body spacer.thanks for any input.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Default RE: introduction and turbo question

If you ever get a turbo setup figured out you will need to find a cam or have your's reground for a turbo profile. A turbo profile cam will typically have less overlap which will help it build more power and more importantly reduce the amount of fuel that gets blown through the engine during overlap which will result in better fuel economy and lower exhaust temperatures that will help your turbo last longer.