Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

i am the TURBONATOR!

Old 04-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Default i am the TURBONATOR!

hey, i was browsing the good old interent searching for away to
give my little truck a preformance boost. i came across this "turbonator"
"supercharge your truck van boat rv!" my question is has anyone came
across these before? http://www.turbonator.com/ . it seems too easy and
too cheap to really do anything but i have this interest in trying it. if anyone has had
experience with this little part please tell me your honest opinion of it.
and also everyone give me feedback on would you spend 60 bucks on this?
i have a mazda b2200 87 se 5 (a little slow) but i love it. im just looking for a nice inexpensive
way to up the preformance! any help is much appriciated and welcome.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Default RE: i am the TURBONATOR!

This was just covered...>>>LINK

I have also seen these in other areas here.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Default RE: i am the TURBONATOR!

Anything you put in your intake to swirl the air for performance is junk. First of all it is a major obstruction, second of all it creates turbulance. Turbulance anywhere before the air passes the intake valve will decrease both intake velocity and volume which both kill power. Atomizing fuel, well those things go in way up by the air breather, after that the air will go through a MAF which has straightening fins in it, so after the MAF there should be no more swirl to the incomming air, also swirling air in the MAF will cause it to give false readings. From there it is going to go into the plenum and then the intake runners if there is any spin left after that point it will be very little. Last of all fuel isn't even introduced into the system until the very end of the intake tract which is just before the intake valves, the fuel is only in the intake port a couple of milliseconds, hardly enough time to take advantage of any air conditions which may promote fuel mixture. For the best performance and gasmilage the induction system and air flow into the cylinder needs to be as straight as possable, once it enters the cylinder that is when you want turbulance to mix the fuel mixture.

If you want better gas milage and performance take the $60 and give your truck a full tune up which will probably include a new O2 sensor since they are rarely replaced when they're suppose to be. After you do it take it somewhere to have the ECU reset so it will relearn the fuel trims based on the new equipment.