Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

hows it baggin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Default hows it baggin?

hass any one bagged their b- series, im just about ready and need to know any problems you incountered or special setups that worked great for you.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Default RE: hows it baggin?

no problems whatsoever, can send pics if you would like, just let me know what details you want and will be happy to indulge.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:06 PM

with my 17"s and a 5"/7" drop my front tires rub the outer fender on some bumps. with out the 4x4 fenders when i bagg it. will the rims tuck up under the fenders (camber in)?

Old 05-31-2005, 12:51 AM

the tires will camber in and yes they will tuck rims. I currently have 15 inch nissan pathfinder rims with a 50 series tire and I still tuck about 1-2 inches of rim when I lay the truck out. I have found that the truck will not turn well without the 4x4 sheet metal, i can change lanes fine, but no hard turns when ridin low. My advice invest in the 4x4 fenders. there is a salvage yard in california that is strictly mazdas, but i dont recall the name, google mazda scrapyards or mazda parts and you might have some luck.

btw, i posted some pics in the photo gallery.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:51 PM

That thing is hot. Like the neighbours vett too.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:04 AM

What kind of dimensions are needed for the C-notches?

Old 07-17-2005, 09:11 PM

dimensions of what type?? you can usually buy the c-notch from just about any truckin or minitrucking mag for less than 100 bucks, it depends on how low you want the truck to go as far as the size you need. mine is a 6 inch i believe, i would have to measure to make sure. then you meticulously weld the notch to the frame (intact), then cut the frame and weld in the last piece of the notch kit. there are many different kits you can buy, i have used a multipiece kit, not a solid construction, to allow for exact fit. Then you need to either buy or fabricate a bridge between the notches for further support. Keep in mind when notching the frame that you WILL have to cut the bed of the truck to a certain extent. I have a 12 inch wide hole that spanned from wheel well to wheel well in order to allow clearance for the bridge, notches and the rear end housing clearance. Furthermore, you do not HAVE to notch a frame to bag the truck, you DO have to notch the frame in order to lay frame in the truck. I could talk all day about the way to do it, but if you want more specific instruction just let me know. Also on my truck I raised the floor of the bed, and the wheel wells aproximately 8-9 inches to maintain having a floor in the bed and still body dropping the truck. Anyhow, hit me back with any questions, would be happy to help and further discuss any questions.