Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Electrical problem , bravo 2600

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Default Electrical problem , bravo 2600

I have a 1990 Mazda bravo B2600 , all the headlight and dash cluster worked fine ,I took it to get polished and when it came back there was some polish under the bonnet so I gave it a quick squirt but didn't spray the motor or anything .

When I turned the car back on I lost all lights and my dash cluster .I'm assuming water got in somewhere but I'm not quite sure where to look .

Also my temp gauge doesn't work does anyone know where the sender is so I can test it ?

Cheers in advance

Last edited by Josh Brennan; 08-14-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Messed up the title
Old 08-15-2018, 08:34 AM

Hmm - both the headlights and the cluster lights are both controlled by the headlight switch of the combination switch. When the cluster lights go out, the front marker lights and tail lights go out, on the same circuit. However, you need to troubleshoot that, see if power is getting TO the headlight switch; check fuses under the hood and under the dash.

If the cluster meters are not operating, then check the "meter" fuse.

So that's where to start. Do you have a repair manual?