Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Bravo 4wd 2.5WLT AUTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Default Bravo 4wd 2.5WLT AUTO

Hey guys,

I am converting my Bravo from manual to auto atm. Managed to track 99.9% but looking ANYWHERE in the world now for the final parts.

Chasing a centre console and trying to find out if similar one was every available overseas.

Hard to find info about what box they even are and what else was released in 4wd. Mine has the manual transfer lever just like the manuals but auto t bar.

Any hints or direction would be great.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B-Series

The 4.0 V6 came out as auto.

Also I believe the 4cyl was available in auto in Thailand.

What & where did you source the auto box from?

Never seen a 4x4 auto 2.5 in NZ or OZ. But ok at this https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-5062671/?Cr=7

Last edited by grim_reaper; 01-07-2018 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:41 AM

Yeah I see quite a few of the 4ltrs in auto but they are VERY different. 4ltrs had electronic switch for 2wd, 4wd, 4wd low etc so the console is not compatible.

My box and motor/box loom come from a 2006 Bravo wlt factory auto. They are rare as hens teeth is OZ but they were only released for 3 months before they took em off the market and the 4ltr come out.

I had to chase down the rest of the loom from NZ where they have the Bounty (UTE) and Proceed (wagon). Quite a few auto WLT Proceeds over there wrecking so I got the rest of the car loom from NZ along with the console but it is a 1997. Seems they didn't bring the new shape out in auto over there either. The console I got will work for time being but it looks crap and I'm not happy with it. Will try a few other things over next week or 2 with grafting it into my old manual console if possible but if I can find the right one I will be very happy.

The loom from the Proceed was identical to the Bravo loom EXCEPT for the plug to rear of car. Speakers, fuel tank, stoptail lights and indicators etc. All the loom colors were the same though so was just a matter of pulling the plug apart and clipping the wires back into the original plug from old loom. Was only 2 wires I had to join there as they had different size pins in the proceed loom.

Also the shift mechanism was a bit of a ******. My model is meant to have a long shifter cable but the proceed uses a short cable with a lever linkage setup. Had to change that a far bit and re-weld one of the pins into different spot to get the swing length right on the linkage system but turned out pretty good.

Was a huge job but I am happy now its done and just waiting on a few more parts to show up (hopefully tomorrow) so I can put dash back in and go for a drive. I might hold off a bit longer yet as wanna install boost and egt gauges very soon too.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:39 AM

ok long awaited update.

Car has a few kms on it now with the auto box and I am stoked with it. Runs well. Few things had to be changed to get the loom to work but nothing major.

Only issue I have is if under VERY light throttle (eg aircon idle up is perfect example) and I have tbar back a gear say 2nd or 3rd, it will drop the revs to idle and just free roll like its in neutral. If I touch the throttle it grabs with a clunk and revs come back up. Very weird. Any ideas?

I am still chasing a centre console from one too if anyone knows of 1 about