Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

B2600i weber conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 AM
Default B2600i weber conversion

Hello, my '92 b2600i started having the all too common computer failure, so I figure let's weber swap it like my b2200 right? Well I ordered the weber, the fuel pump, the right upper and lower intake.

All's good except the electronic ignition in the dizzy I overlooked. is that a stand alone unit or is it controlled by the computer I'm about to rip out? Can't find a way to replace it with a vacuum advance one...

Any advice?

Last edited by AdamGoGoGoldman; 06-03-2016 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 06-07-2016, 09:47 AM

Post your question at MazdaTrucking.com

UPDATE 2022: NOW DEFUNCT SITE...

Last edited by Cusser; 03-12-2022 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by AdamGoGoGoldman
Hello, my '92 b2600i started having the all too common computer failure, so I figure let's weber swap it like my b2200 right? Well I ordered the weber, the fuel pump, the right upper and lower intake.

All's good except the electronic ignition in the dizzy I overlooked. is that a stand alone unit or is it controlled by the computer I'm about to rip out? Can't find a way to replace it with a vacuum advance one...

Any advice?
long overdue reply, but where did you get the manifold at? I can't seem to find one for the life of me.

Old 03-12-2022, 03:26 PM

This was a dumb idea......a rebuilt ECU would have been cheap compared to what you would spend to change it all over to a carb setup......and then it wouldn't run near as good! Even with a person that knows how to tweak and work on a carb......like myself......and I would NEVER swap a carb onto a B2600i engine......I would FIX the existing parts.

Old 02-29-2024, 02:20 PM
Default SMH! Sick of uninformed know it alls saying this

Originally Posted by MeB2000
This was a dumb idea......a rebuilt ECU would have been cheap compared to what you would spend to change it all over to a carb setup......and then it wouldn't run near as good! Even with a person that knows how to tweak and work on a carb......like myself......and I would NEVER swap a carb onto a B2600i engine......I would FIX the existing parts.

look!! I wish people would stop saying this! You don’t what you are talking about! Fixing the factory engine management is not a possibility! You can no longer get these ecm,s not rebuilt,if you are lucky enough to find a used one it will almost certainly be no good! There isn’t a company that will repair them either! There is no way to fix it! And he didn’t ask you for your opinion on if he should carb swap his truck. He ask for advice on how to do it. Try answering the question that was asked and be helpful instead of trying to make yourself look like ur just so smart!!

Old 02-29-2024, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mpreston89
look!! I wish people would stop saying this! You don’t what you are talking about! Fixing the factory engine management is not a possibility! You can no longer get these ecm,s not rebuilt,if you are lucky enough to find a used one it will almost certainly be no good! There isn’t a company that will repair them either! There is no way to fix it! And he didn’t ask you for your opinion on if he should carb swap his truck. He ask for advice on how to do it. Try answering the question that was asked and be helpful instead of trying to make yourself look like ur just so smart!!
Well......apparently, I'm smarter than YOU!

Old 03-02-2024, 12:48 PM

You don’t what you are talking about! .... And he didn’t ask you for your opinion on if he should carb swap his truck. He ask for advice on how to do it. Try answering the question that was asked and be helpful instead of trying to make yourself look like ur just so smart!!
Originally Posted by MeB2000
Well......apparently, I'm smarter than YOU!
mpreston89: "nice" first impression in your first post here.

I know MeB2000 personally, and he's got a ton of expertise in B2600i trucks (as well with B2000 and B2200 trucks), and he's willing to help. You'd be wise to play nice and learn from him.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:27 PM

Thanks Cusser!

What mpreston89 failed to realize was that I was responding to the original June 2016 post, where the OP spent way more time and effort to carb swap his B2600i truck, when he could have sent his ECU out to be repaired, or bought a rebuilt ECU online, for less money and effort than he spent trying to carb swap it. And it would not have run any better than with a good ECU in it.......and quite possibly.....worse.

So, I was not calling anyone "Dumb" and instead was pointing out that it would be a "dumb idea" to try and do this.........BECAUSE......in 2016 you could definitely buy a rebuilt ECU from many places online, as well as in the larger chain auto parts stores.......of course they weren't just lying on the parts shelves......the auto parts stores had to order them in also!

Another thing that mpreston89 doesn't realize, is the fact that once the 2 leaking capacitors have been replaced with good quality caps, and any board etching was repaired well.......that repaired ECU is good for many more years to come! You would not need to keep repairing it.......but, I suppose if you haven't spent much time repairing these trucks and enjoying them.......well, you wouldn't know that!

It's all good though.......I've got a plastic tote in my garage full of B2600i and B2200i ECU's.......so I'm set!

Old 03-02-2024, 07:10 PM

A month or two ago, someone new on a Facebook Mazda truck site asked a question, but failed to identify what year his truck was, or was it B2000, B2200, B2600, B2200EFI, B2600i, 2WD or 4WD, manual transmission or automatic, etc. So I responded that we needed more information to help, that we (1) are not mind readers and (2) cannot remember from a month or year ago what model of a truck someone has. So I posted my Soup **** "No Help for You" picture, and someone felt he just had to reply and call me a "F***Tard". He sure showed HIS level of intelligence, and Facebook removed his comment pretty quickly.

Anyway, here's my Soup **** "No Help for You" picture, OK if others use it.

Old 03-09-2024, 11:44 AM

There are still companies that will repair these EFI control units.......from a company in Texas....

"At Foreign Auto Computer Repair, Inc.
we have been restoring automotive electronics since 1998.
Family owned and operated from north East Texas,
we deal primarily in engine and transmission control units
for Asian and European vehicles.
Any questions, please feel free to contact us."

Their website....

https://www.foreignautocomputer.com/