Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

B2600i distributor plug

Old 05-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Default B2600i distributor plug

I'm having a devil of a time finding a part - it's the little 4 conductor plug that plugs into the distributor on my 1992 B2600i 4x4 cab plus. I don't need a wiring harness and I don't need a distributor - just that dumb little plug with a foot or so of wires hooked to it so I can wire it in. I don't know if other Mazda models use the same part. Does anybody have a suggestion where to find it? I'm dead in the water until I can get one. Thanks for any help.
Rolomac

Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Default RE: B2600i distributor plug

junk yard part.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Hey Wrecks - thanks, but I've been in contact with practically every junk yard between Sacramento, California and Eugene, Oregon. Nothing! Seems that the B2600i is kind of scarce in this part of the country but I see guys talking about them here - maybe they are all back east? Any other ideas?
Rolomac

Old 06-03-2007, 11:24 AM

I don't know, if you can't find one in a junkyard, you'll have to go to the dealer.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 PM

This is driving me crazy. This little two bit part has my truck dead in the water. Went to the dealers first and was told it would be part of a new wiring harness to the tune of a lot of money but they don't haveone for my 15 year old truck anyway. Next was junk yards and dismantlers and none of them that I've tried have it.My attempts have been central and northern California and Oregon so far. Guess I'm going to have to expand my search. Can anybody help me with some good recommendations for dismantlers or wrecking yards in southern California? Or even backon the east coast if you know of any?Toll free phone number if you know them - my phone bill is going to be awful. I guess this little part is the connector to the distributor rotorposition sensoraccording to a mechanic friend. Truck is dead without it. Been driving my wife's Subaru and she wants it back. I'm getting desperate !!I'd really appreciate any help anybody can offer. thanks,
Rolomac

Old 06-11-2007, 05:00 PM

I had the same problem. The plug on my '93 B2600i was made of plastic which was disintigrating. I also went the dealer route with similar results — stupid expensive and not available anyway. Also, forget about fiding that plug at the junkyard. Someone said some Subaru model used that plug for something, but I have spent literally DAYS walkign junkyards in SoCal looking under the hood of almost every car and I can't find a similar plug.

My solution was to chop the wires off the plug and solder new ones on. You can re-use the little clips inside the plug (mine just crumbled in my hand to expose them) or buy a package of small connectors at most parts stores. Don't mess up the order of the wires! (I wrote it in felt tip inside the hood.) Solder new connectors on, shrink wrap and plug in and you should be good to go. Be advised the aftermarket connectors are slightly larger and you have to be careful not to let them touch each other. Once you have everything plugged in and test-fired, squeeze some silicone rubber around the plugs to keep everything in place and protected from dust and water. Not the best or prettiest solution, but it worked for me.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 PM

Hey Oddball - thanks very much! I've about given up on finding a replacement and was thinking about doing just what you describe. My mechanic friend says that the deterioration of that plug is probably caused by chemical degreaser when somebody steam cleaned the engine at some point in the past 15 years. Says he's seen it in other cars too. I appreciate your help.

Rolomac

Old 06-12-2007, 08:21 PM

let us know how it turns out

Old 06-23-2007, 03:15 PM

ok - got er done. I took the approach that Oddball did on his - was able to save the outer plastic shell of the plug and the metal connectors inside of it. re-soldered them to the wires to be sure of a good connection and filled the shell with silicone to support the whole thing. It worked out good and I shouldn't have wasted all the time trying to find a replacement part and should have just mickey-moused it from the start. Anyway - kind of disappointing trying to find a part. Dealers and dismantlers and all those hours spent on the computer did nothing. My truck is 15 years old (which doesn't seem all that old to me - it's in great shape) and I guess that the B2600i isn't a real common model, but there just wasn't anything out there at all. Concerns me that if I ever have to find a really critical part that can't be mickey-moused then I'm screwed. I restored a 1936 Chevy half-ton pickup a while back and didn't have too many problems finding parts for it but then that's Chevy and this is Mazda.
rolomac

Old 06-29-2012, 12:02 PM

I had same problem but i put connecter on my self just want to make sure i have the four wires in right order please help. From top to bottem i have black red, black yellow with red dots, then pink red and last bottem is green yellow red dot. Just need to know if righht order.