Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

anyone ever get their b2600i running again

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:31 AM
Default anyone ever get their b2600i running again

I have a mazda b2600i and like others here I have a no start no spark deal going on with my truck.
Just wondering has anyone ever get their truck running again, what action was taken or what parts where replace?
or if anyone could just help me out. So far their is no spark from my coil to my distributor, also there is a set of wires that come from my computer and connect to the round plastic part inside my distributor which is believed to be my pick up coil, since the ignither is located externally from the distributor. I unplugged the harness from the pickup coil and put a light tester to it to see if there is any power coming from the computer and I get no power from it, I dont know if there is suppose to be power coming out of that wire harness from the computer? or does a signal go from the pickup coil to the computer via that harness? I'm totally fustrated and dont know what else to do with this truck. Any help would greatly be appriciated.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Default RE: anyone ever get their b2600i running again

There should be power on the black/yellow wire with the key on. Black is ground while the other two go directly to the computer. Have you used the test light to verify power at all fuses...not just remove the fuse to see if it's good? This same black/yellow wire also powers the fuel injectors , main relay, and other solenoids. I looked up this info for a 91 model since you didn't specify.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:27 AM

my truck is a 1991 b2600i. I check to see if there was power coming out of the black/yellow wire and there was not. So I wanted to test the black wire for ground, tested it was ground just happen to try the black/yellow wire and it was grounded also. so instead of power coming out of the black/yellow wire there is groud coming out of it. My truck is airbaged suspension and I have to relocate the wires a lil bit could it be grounding somewhere? wouldnt that have cause a fuse to blow? as far as right now on the main fuses (3 big ones in the engine compartment)when the key is on the and i test it with the light by touching the wires that go to the fuses they light up. Any more advice would be greatly appriciated, I'm getting excited again seeing that I'm getting closer to track down the proablem

Old 09-16-2006, 03:35 AM

well I followed the black/yellow wire all the way from the distributor connector thoughout the entire harness, it lead me past the firewall into the cab and into the computer. I unplugged the connector at the computer and still came out as just ground. What could be happening? its the black/yellow wire that should be putting out power not ground right?

Old 09-17-2006, 12:42 AM

Have you checked the fuses labeled "eng" and "meter" on the inside fuse box for power at the fuse? This is what supplies power to the computer. Power on the black/yellow is supplied through the computer. I would also see if there is power on this same color wire on your fuel injectors. It is the same circuit.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:11 PM

ok i bought mine AFTER a flood, water up to the dashboard.. would not toss a spark to save its life, i dried the thing out, started up fine, then it died and no spark again.. check your ECU its behind the passenger side kickpanel, notorious for just going south on you...

Old 10-03-2006, 03:26 AM

ecu's in the late 80's & early 90's are bad about the capaciters leaking can be replaced if it has not burned to bad.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:57 AM

yeah i contacted the ummm cant remember the ecu guru place, and after talking with them, they couldnt help me, they can bring back 99% of the ecus, but one they cant are flooded ones.. so i was sol on the ecu.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 AM

I have a 1990 b600i ext cab. w/ 2.6 ran great and then last week started sputtering a bit and then it was hard to start but did . then she just died and would not start again since it was almost on empty the day before I figured it was a fuel filter issue must have sucked up some crap off the bottom of the tank so I replaced the filter to no avail still would not start I checked the firing and there was none so I had the coil checked primary was fine but secondary was just a little high so 100.00 bucks later still no fire so next inline is the ignitor and well you guessed it 100.00 bucks later still no fire the only thing left is the ecu right ?? is this a common problem ?? I hate to put anymore money in it she is a great little truck but I have just about reached my limit with her if anyone can help please PLEASE!!!!! HELP!!
Thanks Duane

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride!"

Old 03-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Default 2600 running, again

I have not been here in awhile. Have a 2600 i that runs poorly on startup, then straighten out. Does not do it every time.
That said, I have two other 2600i's that had bad ecm's when I got them. I made an intake for each. Made it for Varajet carb, half a Quadrajet. Have to do a little engineering for distributor, then ecm is useless, as in unneeded. There is a wire for the air conditioner circuit you need from the ecm plug.
I want to keep this one original, right now. I know the ecm weakness (which is what I searched on Google and got here.) seems to be two black capacitors. I am wondering of anyone has replaced these in an ecm?

Quick Reply: anyone ever get their b2600i running again